The good wife's guide | FerrariChat

The good wife's guide

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ekasilicon, Apr 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
  2. Suzyq

Suzyq Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    Hey listen, we ALL want one of those.

Suzy

3. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    I have one! (Hope she isn't reading this post) :)

4. anotherguy

anotherguy F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2004
    I have seen this before, but it still always makes me laugh!

I can see just see all of you who are married looking at your wives and asking them to invite a friend over and be "a little gay."

-ag

5. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    I'm definitely not settling for anything less than the wife who fills that list :)

-DC

6. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Not i said the confirmed bachelor. A "live in" MAYBE/PERHAPS, but marriage seem to, well, permanent and limiting to me. It is like saying you can have only ONE Ferrari car at a time.

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Get used to loneliness!!

DL

8. Suzyq

Suzyq Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    Alas. And you can't even drive the ONE you have. Says volumes.

9. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Yes, it says volumes... that i **fully** enjoy things to the fullest yet in America such things are under scrutiny (sigh). Well, am using this "down time" to have the Fcar brough up to better standards.

Question: Is that you racing in the pics at KTR? If so, you have my FULL respect and admiration. Congrats!

10. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Send a copy to NOW & another to HELLary :) LOL

11. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Suzyq (and all),

Please allow me to explain. If we look at society over the year and how humans have "evolved", the Good Wife shows how the 50's were indeed a different social environment in America than today. As an example, the TV show "Gay Eye For The Straight Guy" would probably have never made it on TV in the 1950s, let alone become popular as it is (?was?) today. Human sexuality appears to have more openly expressed freedoms today than it did decades earlier. In fact swinger clubs and the like, combined with women having jobs and their own homes, are proof that women need not "depend" on men as they have in the past. IMHO this is a wonderful and positive evolution (?revolution?). In fact i find that not all women of today in America seek to be married and/or procreate in as high a percentage as in the 1950's.

The desire to be married and have monogamy, or lack thereof (or that each and every woman must procreate) is neither "good" nor "bad", it simply is. In life we each have choices.

Different social environments around the world might dictate a "norm" for that given location. Is it ok for an Italian man to have a mistress? Enzo Ferrari did and it is well documented. This does make it "right" or "wrong", it is one's own personal belief system that may dictate your feelings towards said man enjoying the company of a mistress outside of marriage.

There are many other examples and situations not covered here due to space (and my personal time) limitations. The main point is that we each make choices in life. Certain choices are neither "right" nor "wrong", though they may be judged by a "jury of their peers."

12. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I see irony in that you couldn't even say those things to a woman today while at work because you'd get sued for sexual harassment.

It's also ironic that the focus of today's women's mags is "57 Hot Sex Tricks" instead of "Hey, Be Nice and Give Him Some Free Space." Before anyone jumps in and says the sex tips are the way to go, I'll just say now they aren't worth a darn b/c if you couldn't figure their 'secrets' on your own you have problems with the right side of your brain.