Does anyone have pictures of 330 P3? | FerrariChat

Does anyone have pictures of 330 P3?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by rkm, Apr 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rkm

rkm Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Spring Hill
    Full Name:
    Robert Monroe
    I am looking for any pictures anyone might have of a 330 P3. Thanks

2. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Hope i got the right one?

3. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Some more.

4. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
  5. model builder

model builder Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Edward Cervo
    Targa Florio 1966.
    I hope my attachment works
    Ed

Let me try the Monza winner 1966 instead. TF66 was too big

6. model builder

Oct 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Edward Cervo
    I'll try this pic of the TF66 car, its a smaller file. I think this is chassis 0846
    Ed

7. model builder

Oct 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Edward Cervo
  8. rkm

rkm Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Spring Hill
    Full Name:
    Robert Monroe
    great pics...thanks. exactly what i was looking for.

9. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Ask Napolis to forward some pictures of his. His is a P4. Beautiful, beautiful restoration he is doing on it.........

10. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Geez, Ed, they'll let anybody post here!! ;)
    Welcome. Nice pics, check archives for Jim's P car resto.
    Lee

11. model builder

Oct 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Edward Cervo
    Hello Lee,
    I've seen Jims resto threads. Really nice of course. Top notch. But he really didn't do it correctly to any particular race. Of course thats his prerogative.

But as you know I've done more research on this car than I care to go into since I put out the 1/24 330P4 Spyder model and I'm currently working on the P3 Spyder, both to represent chassis 0846.

A far as I know that chassis was never a coupe. Also Jim put on the P4 nose that has the 2 small slits. I don't think 0846 ever wore that. When this chassis was converted to a P4 Spyder that won at Daytona '67 it had the single slit in the center. Also the side rocker panels on P3's only have one step up. They go straight to the rear wheel well from the door. P4's had 2 steps. They step up a little before the rear wheel well. On chassis 0846 they did a unique combo of P3 and P4 in 67. They added all P4 body work but left the P3 style rocker step-up but added the P4 lower brake recess (as opposed to P3 scoop as I think Jim has it). I beleive they are restoting it with standard P4 rockers with the P3 scoop which no Ferrari P3 or P4 ever had. Also I think Jims dash is a P4 style but the 0846 had a wider gauge pod.

412P's are also like a combo of P3 and P4 but even they were set up differently.

All this stuff really doesn't matter unless you're a nitpicker like me. I think the execution on the resto on this chassis is outstanding but not 100% accurate. In any event I am looking forward to seeing the real car finished. Its great to be able to see the work in progress as it happens on the forum.

I hope nobody thinks I'm criticizing anything. I'm not. I just know what I know. I also have plenty of pictures.

Ed
    Island Collectibles Inc

12. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Here's a few for you - I have lots more hi-res contemporary photos (color and B&W) - some over 1.0MB file size. If there's something specific you're looking for, drop me a line to [email protected] and I'll gladly email you more ....

13. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Posted the same one twice, there ! Is it possible to un-upload a photo - as opposed to download it ?

14. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    in the last group of #0844. The rest are of #0846 ....

15. Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Other pics of Ferrari 330 P3. First pic it is #0844 with the 24 Hours du Mans 1966 and the second #0846 at the 12 Hours of Sebring 1966.

16. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    wow, great thread and pics. love the cars from this era! race cars are almost a living , breathing thing: they are adapted and modified in various ways, good and bad in order to win the race. the comanies did what they had to , when they had to, to make the car work , or to learn from them as a "prototype". 0846 is a stunning car with a history that reads like a 80's soap opera. hats off to Napolis for sharing his car with our community. however , to what point in time he is restoring it too is up to him. we fly prototype aircraft to an airshow, when they come back they are chopped up and changed and flown again somewhere else, yet pics taken will "freeze" them forever in one configuration.

17. model builder

Oct 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Edward Cervo
    I understand what you are saying. But Napolis said it would be a correct resto. It may just be he didn't have cartain info when he started. He certainly is very knowledgable. I remember a thread about his MKIV. He clearly was not just an owner of the car but a true fan of what the cars were about. Regardless, his cars look outstanding.

But right or wrong, people will judge a car based on how original and correct it is. Thats not to say a car will not be appreciated, its just many have a thing for the preservation of the original item or look.

Ed

18. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Ed
    It's a bit more complicated than that. The choices I've made may, make more sense after all of this is published which will be happening sooner than later.
    Best

19. model builder

Oct 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Edward Cervo
    Hello Napolis,
    I want you know I think your P4 looks absolutely astounding. I don't think there is anyone that could disagree. And like I said I know you know your cars and races. And no matter which configuration you choose its still the real deal and no less exciting to look at.

Knowing what I know about these cars I am very curious to know why you choose the options you did as I am a very big fan of the 330P3, P4 and all its variants.

Also here is a pic of a 1/24 master pattern to a model of the 330P3 Sebring/TF car I will be releasing this year

Sincerely,
    Ed
    IC, Inc

20. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Very Nice!

21. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Man do I love vintage Ferraris. The modern race cars cant even hold a candle to this.

22. Andrew

Andrew Karting

Feb 26, 2002
    Tokyo, Japan
  23. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    pictures taken in Francorchamps, thanks for the link

24. Andrew