Body Shop Recommendation in MA | FerrariChat

Body Shop Recommendation in MA

Discussion in 'New England' started by Tigernsx, Apr 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tigernsx

Tigernsx Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Hi,

Could you please recommend a body shop that does a quality work around Boston, MA?
    Thank you.

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    you might look into Hatch & Sons in Wayland MA comes up quite frequently. i know they do stupendous paint work (they seem to be doing all of lambo usa's work now). http://www.hatchandsons.com/ . but get ready for sticker shock ;)

doody.

3. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    You also may want to look into KTR European Motorsports. They have a good bodyman over there. Dick's Autobody in Sommerville is also good, but be prepared to wait at least 3-4 months to get in. Hope this helps.

4. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Hatch & Sons does top, top notch work. They charge top line prices, but that's because they can. Bob Hatch is a great guy and a good friend of mine.

Dick's in Somerville has a great rep too, but Dick passed away a month ago or so.

I can also strongly recommend Mike's Autobody in Malden, MA. Mike Noonan is also a very good friend of mine, races a 914-6 in PCA, sponsors BMW CCA events, and does a lot of outsource work for a bunch of BMW/Porsche/MB dealers. Check it out:
    http://www.mikes-autobody.com/

What kind of car needs the work?

vty,

--Dennis

5. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    I can second that for Mike's Autobody. He did some work for me last year and some work this year for my dad. He's a great guy to talk to.

Papa G

6. Boston 7777

Boston 7777 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    I was not 100% happy with Dick's.. I heard Hatch and Sons is amazing!

7. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I had Hatch & Sons do some insurance body work on my 328. I guess I'd say don't hold them to a delivery estimate. They got close to their "end" date, and rushed things a tad. They marred the paint inserting the door lock, and didn't get the alignment quite right on the side lovre, but otherwise it was a pretty good job ... especially considering that they got the insurance company to cover it all.

8. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    Dicks Auto Body in Sommerville does great work. I have had two Porsches in there for major collision work and both came out like new. The first time I went there I thought why would I want to leave a nice car in a so so neighborhood, but when I turned the corner, I saw ferraris, lambos, etc. all parked waiting for repairs. The brig them in a large warehouse overnight.

Ask for Frank and tell him Barry Chapin recommended you. I had not heard the Dick (Richard) had passed away, that is too bad, my thoughts are with him and he was a great guy.

[email protected]

9. Tigernsx

Tigernsx Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Hi,

Thanks so much for the recommendations. I put a car cover on my NSX during the winter in the storage. When I took off the cover, I saw fading-like blemishes all over the edges where the car cover tighly covered (I have no idea why). The color of my car is extremely hard to match, and I just need someone who is patient to work on the paint.

Once again, I truly appreciate your help.

10. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Have you tried polishing the areas?

If wind could get into the storage area, it can vibrate the cover. A little fine dust will put in micro scratches & leave what appear to be discolored spots such as you describe.

Usually polishing with a DA polisher followed by a glaze & wax will clear them up.

11. Tigernsx

Tigernsx Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Yes, when I took the cover off, I shampooed the car with Dawn to take off the old wax, clayed the whole car, polished the whole car, and waxed, but no such luck... :(

12. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    There's a small custom shop in Groton,MA. Does show cars, rebodies/restores classic cars. Business name is Thunder Road. Small shop (3 people), but beautiful work.
    Do a lot of frame off restorations of antiques.

They're usually booked up several months in advance tho. I never call, just drop buy, so can't give you a phone#. If you want to look into them, let me know & i'll give you the owner's name & directions to them.