All Italian car tour update pics. | FerrariChat

All Italian car tour update pics.

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ciao baby, Apr 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    I have posted a few pics of the All Italian car tour at

http://www.mkgcs.com/aict2004/index.html

Even with the uncooperative weather a good time was had by all.
    PS my wife’s Maserati won best in class for the Maserati/ferrari group
    go figure :)

We were pleasantly surprised at how friendly the crowd was for this event. This was our first one for the Italian cars and it was a class event from start to finish.

MK

2. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Great pics! Thank you for sharing.

3. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    nice pics...what does the yellow diablo's side skirt say?

4. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    street heat

the car and the familiy that owns the cars countach were both for sale at very 'reasonable' prices.
    mk

5. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    MK, I saw the Maserati, and it looked very nice in that color.

I came up with my friend Steve in his black Countach and didn't get a chance to check out all the cars that I wanted to.

The weather actually held up yesterday...

LS

6. Pantera1523

Pantera1523 Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Scott Carpenter
    My friend David came up from Richmond in is Pantera to ride out to the show with me.

We made it as far north as Springfield and he ran over something at the mixing bowl and punctured his rear tire. I was behind him (and fortunately missed whatever he hit) and immediately called him on the FRS radios we were using.

Unfortunately we had just missed the exit and he was down on the rim so we pulled off to the shoulder and he pulled the wheel off. We tried the spare from my 308, hoping we could limp him off the highway at least to somewhere safer but the bolt pattern was wrong.

So we got in the 308 and David put his tire (monster 295 60 15 tire) on his lap and we drove around Alexandria looking for an NTB. Once we found it we were eventually able to get them to patch it and then we headed back to his car to mount it and get him off the highway.

You should have seen all of the people pointing at us and laughing as I can imagine how strange it must have looked. Two guys riding in a Ferrari with the passenger holding a tire on his lap. :D

Some guy on a motorcylce pulled up next to David's side of the car and said "Oh that looks REAL comfortable." :D

By the time all of this transpired it was way past the time for the car tour to begin so we found lunch and then headed to Gunston Hall to see the cars at the end of the tour.

By the time we got there it was a pretty light turnout... Oh well... I hope everyone else that went fared better than we did. :)

Below is a picture of David with tire re-inflated...

Scott

7. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Glad to see that you guys were able to get the Pantera fixed...

8. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Glad to have made it, minus the turn three directions and friendly neighborhood FFX County welcome comittee! Best 48 dollar half a chicken salad sandwich i ever had. Seriously though, we had a good time and a decent drive even with the cloud cover.

9. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Dopplemax, good to see you again, the car looked great. I didn't get a good listen to the test pipes and Tubi though. That'll have to wait until next time.

LS

10. Pantera1523

Pantera1523 Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Scott Carpenter
    Thanks, it highlighted one bad thing about running such large wheels/tires on those cars and not carrying a spare.

When my Pantera is back home I am going to throw one of the old wheels/tires in the back to use as a spare. I don't typically carry a spare either.

It definately could have turned out much much worse...

11. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003

It's that kind of comedy that keeps me coming to these events!!...

By the way, your car sounds great... thanks for the little impromptu drag race!

12. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Any time Jim! Next time, I'll have to have the deck closed :). Good to see you and your wife. Cant wait to see your euro dam on there!

13. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Great pics!!!
    Does anybody know the story behind the Montreal. Is it Johnny DiFatta's old car?
    Thanks,
    Will

14. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    now thats a classic about a classic