spoiling a girl in beverly hills, what to do... | FerrariChat

spoiling a girl in beverly hills, what to do...

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by TestShoot, Apr 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    i have a magazine photoshoot, and i want to make it look like the most opulent day you can think of, almost gaudy. maxim style

unfortunately, in the past i always had suggestions for others, and now i draw a friggin blank.

i figure hot hotel room, some walking on rodeo, mostly it has to be indoors though.

when i do this i will invite all local fchat members to come and hang out.

the shot i had for walking down rodeo was veto'd by the permit dept because it was a dior gown, 2m choker on loan and she would have been walking a white tiger or cheetah down the street. You can tell why they said no.

2. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I think I understand what your asking, but just to make things clear...are you asking for suggestions for various opulent settings for a photoshoot, or are you asking suggestions for planning an opulent day for a girl who you will be shooting? It kinda sounds like both to me. Not that I have any great ideas at this point, but...I'll see if I got anything good in there.

3. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    If your looking for it to be almost gaudy, why not take a look at some old pictures from the renaissance period. That should give you some ideas.

4. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    well the whole thing is about beverly hills, i do want to spoil the girl to a point, make it look that way for the sake of an article.

the model had no idea what per sol's are (some no-name brand) so when she bought them for 250, she thought her mom would kill her. and dior, never heard of that, well now that her career has taken off and come full circle to me again, i am setting up a shoot for a magazine and playing out the whole bh thing. probably gonna stay at maison 140 for me, and her like, regent b/w. to shoot though, i am scratching my head because i do not expect to get permits for cartier, but i guess i just have to set the stage right.

5. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    For a photoshoot (if that's what you're asking), how about on Robertson, right outside of the Ivy. It's Beverly Hills, a famous restaurant and where many of Hollywood's A-list actors/actresses hang out. You could have an Enzo and an F40 (or other Ferraris if can't get these) parked right in front at the valet. You can use the Ivy itself as a background or the cars, or both. Even better, have pose on, around, or in the car. Hot car + hot girl = hot photoshoot. The Ivy is so used to having paparazzi there taking pics of famous stars that I don't think having a photoshoot there should be too much of a problem. Then take pics of her strolling down Robertson, which is known to people into fashion as a trendy/"In" place to shop. I always see hot girls there shopping at places like Kiton, Lisa Klein and BCBG.

What do you think?

6. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills

#1, my partner used to own chaisson's so the ivy cam to mind.
    #2 I (YES ME) helped design the rodeo BCBG store. also the one on robertson, parallel on rodeo, sunset plaza and the herve leger store i helped out on.
    #3 my office is in the symbolic building

for whatever reason, i am stumped. it would be better to shoot indoors anyway.

7. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Do you know the Azria's? I'm friends with Joyce.

My friend used to work at Herve Leger.

Btw, your office location is the best! Above Symbolic Motors right? I love that place!

I'll try to think of something else. When is the shoot going to take place?

8. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    oh yeah i know joyce, or did it has been a while. lubov was trying to hook me up with her friend. i remember joyce making an appointment with the dean at usc to get in there.

at herve... was that catherine? the swiss girl/lady? i turned tail and ran when fabien hit town in 2000. if you look at his ck1 logo and my tSc logo, they are strikingly similar for no coincidence.

http://www.itssobig.com/bcbg

9. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Joyce is married and starting her new clothing line.

My friend who worked at Herve Lager, about 2 years ago, was Irena.

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    What's the deal with the La Cienega Symbolic location?

11. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    joyce was doing the lingerie line thing, cool that she is married. always referred to max as max, never as 'dad', odd...

symbolic is moving. my offices are/were above them

herve leger purple logo inside the squares was americanized by myself and kenneth, fyi, when i was there we just bought them, and i was there when they fired herve. his stuff leading up to bcbg was great, gauze and all, then i must say it was not a good arrangement and he did a work stoppage in protest.

the photo above is the spring 1999 collection runway show and the other is an allure event instore on robertson for 'concept cure' easter 99 or 00 can't remember.

le belle et le bete (inside joke)

i have approximately 3 magazines at 100% for this shoot and 9 (nine) other venues in print and web to shoot this beverly hills thing. i am talking to mr jordan747_400 about tagging long on the shoots to get him a date with a model. i am sure he will leak photos to everyone.

12. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Let me know when the shoot is. I would love to swing by and check it out and meet you (if you don't mind). In the meantime, I will try to think of some good ideas for the shoot.

Do you have enough models?

Symbolic Motors is leaving?!?!?!!!? To where? And why? Are they just going to keep their La Jolla showroom open?

13. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I don't know the whole deal with Symbolic, never really talked to them. Always walked past. Models I have, I may contribute to a certain magazine with a bunny ear logo in addition to the 4 magazines this shoot covers. I am adding magazines everyother day, almost to the point of overselling myself.

I will have a close down wrap party with Fchatters invited, you guys are far less rowdy than the Hollywood types that normanlly attend my shoots. I'll let everyone know when.

14. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Cool. Keep me, and us, posted. I will definitely come to the party. Nice meeting with you and good luck with the shoot!!!