When does the price drop historically occur ? | FerrariChat

When does the price drop historically occur ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by juicert, Apr 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. juicert

juicert Rookie

Mar 17, 2004
    So ... the 420 is coming, and there are rumors that no more 360 coupe orders are being taken, etc.

I do not know the specifics with the 355-360 migration, so please educate me - at what point did current 355s take a major price hit ? Was it as soon as the 360 was officially announced ? Or was it the first time it was seen at an auto show ? Or was it when the first production delivery landed in an owners hands ?

Then, a second question - is there any reason to assume that the same timeframe for 360 price hit will not occur ? Or is there some reason the relative timing might be slightly differnet ?

thanks

2. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    IIRC, the '99 355's, esp. the Fiorano's, still held their values very well in the beginning when the Modena came out in 1999. And I think they continued to hold their values very well for the first 2-3 yrs, relative to other cars that have been replaced. I remember being kind of shocked that the 355 resale values didn't decrease by that much. But then again, these are Ferraris. My respect for Ferraris greatly increased that day.

I think the tastes/preferences and actions (buying/selling) of the Ferrari enthusiasts and collectors are what dictate the market conditions and adjustments for these cars. Same goes for Porsche, Lambo, etc. Time will tell. There might be a pattern, there might not.

3. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    I've been told that the outgoing V8 model holds up well through the first year of the new model. My guess is that this is largely due to the unavailability of the new model (long time customers get first dibs, then the list kicks in).

Plus, I think the 420 will be priced significantly higher than the 360 so that should also help support 360 prices for awhile. Another interesting wild-card factor is the huge price increases in other marques. For example, I'm not sure I'd buy a new 996TT if I could get an almost new 360 for the same money!

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The F355s held their values well as the 360 hit the market. They continued to hold well until the economy tanked in 2002.

5. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    When does the price drop historically occur ?

The minute you drive her off the lot...:)

Actually, I'm surprised the 355's are still holding pretty well...in light of new generations (360-420) and current economic trends..........