Unknown Maserati | FerrariChat

Unknown Maserati

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Acar, Apr 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Acar

Acar Rookie

Feb 21, 2004
  2. masergt

masergt Rookie

Jan 5, 2004
  3. ebrigham

ebrigham Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    I think it is the 3200, which was not sold in the US. It had a 3.2 liter supercharge engine. It was replaced by the current coupe and spyder.

4. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
  5. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
  6. Acar

Acar Rookie

Feb 21, 2004
    the production stopped?

7. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    With these rearlights, unfortanately yes! For some reason they changed them for the ones currently on the 3200GT :( I liked the early ones much better too, they have something special/personal. The current rearlights look a bit too "normal" IMO.

8. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yup. The 3200.

We got them in England and the boomerang lights look soooo much better than the more recent 4200 ones.

Apparantly the US legislations would not allow the boomerang lights, so as Maserati wanted to sell the 4200 in America they changed the lights for the whole world.

Shame really as the boomerlang lights look fab!

9. Acar

Acar Rookie

Feb 21, 2004
    i agree these boomerangs look much better than the current ones

10. ebrigham

ebrigham Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    Yup - it was replaced by the naturally aspirated 4.2 L Maserati Coupe/Spyder in 2001 or so. Apart from the taillights, the two cars look similar. Other differences include subtles changes in the rear and front profiles. To accomodate the forced induction, the 3200 had vents on the bonnet as well (like the Jag) - the current model does not.

Ofcourse, the powerplant is completely different. And the general consensus seems to be that the new generation coupe/spyder is a good improvement.

PS - I liked the boomerangs too!

11. GDautosport

GDautosport Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    NJ
    this car was in the movie "underworld" if anyone is interested. (about vampires)