Any recent experiences with SVAG? | FerrariChat

Any recent experiences with SVAG?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Bruce, Apr 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bruce

Bruce Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2004
    Has anyone had any recent experience with Silicon Valley Auto Group (fka Ferrari of Los Gatos)? My 355 is coming up on its 30K service and I'm looking at various options.
    I bought the car from them a couple of years ago, and had been satisified with the routine, annual service, albeit expensive, when they were F of LG.
    Bruce

2. twatson

twatson Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    I have a friend who dealt with them a few months back with a 355 service that was upset with a pretty high bill.... something about charging for "diagnositics" when it was a simple problem. But, this is just 2nd hand. I used to be pretty happy a while back when Mark Spencer (I think I have the name right) was there and they were a factory authorized dealership. I think he has his own shop now (Velocce or something like that). I think you just need to ask some upfront questions from anyone about costs etc. before they start.

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I hear bad things about that redheaded parts manager they have there... :D ;) :)

--Dan

4. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Thank's Dan. :)

Bruce,
    Feel free to call and talk to Andrew our new service manager. 408-377-7200

FYI---
    Mark Spencer has not been here for greater the 6 years.

5. Bruce

Bruce Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2004
    Thanks guys for your replies.
    Redhead, I may stop by tomorrow around lunch to chat with Andrew. In the past I dealt with Angelo O., but I take it that he has left? Are the mechanics there now the same guys who have been there for a while, or has there been turnover there as well? My car was last in there in Feb'03.
    Bruce

6. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Bruce
    Feel free to stop by anytime.
    Andrew did replae Angelo, who had quit on his own free will. The tech's that we have in the shop have all (Ferrari related) been here since the split of FLG and FNA, and we are doing our best to stay on top all the current bulletins.

As well, if Andrew is not avalible, feel free to talk to Ben, our lead service writer who has been with the company for almost 3 years now.

Regards~
    Rich