Where to buy Designer Clothing Online? | FerrariChat

Where to buy Designer Clothing Online?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by nonturbo, Apr 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nonturbo

nonturbo Rookie

Feb 9, 2004
    Currently I've been using Raffaello-Network.com to buy most of my clothes but there prices are a bit high. A few months ago I bought a Versace shirt from another Yahoo store for almost 85% off of MSRP and compraed it to one I bought at Rafaello-Network and realized that I can get the clothes cheaper online. Unfortunantely I forgot the name of the company and sent a money order so it's not on my statement. Does anybody know where I can find Designer clothes, mainly Versace for cheaper prices. I want to find someone who's as reliable as Raffaello-Network but I'm getting tired of paying over $300.00 a shirt when I can get the same thing for $75.00-120.00. If anybody can help me I would gladly appreciate it.

OH and all authentic clothes none of that replica bull**** and not Ebay.

2. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
  3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    bluefly and Ebay

I wish that bluefly would provide measurements though - it would make sizing easier. That's the one thing I like about Ebay clothes.

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I've been visiting bluefly to peruse their inventory every once and a while for about 6 years but have never actually bought, but it seems like a solid site. I just end up making the drive to an outlet mall to a Sak's Off 5th on the rare occasion I need something that nice (ie. new tie for a dinner or whatnot). Given my larger body size, I wouldn't trust buying Eurofashion online, where some Italian company might have an American medium listed as XXL.

My wife has bought some things from www.overstock.com and although the transactions were fine, the indicated colors were way off on the housewares we bought (some were returned).

5. maomaoferrari

maomaoferrari Karting

Jan 23, 2004
    I looked at those sites. Their stuff is at least 2 or 3 seasons old, and is priced at retail. The supposedly retail price they listed are way over inflated. Just catch a sale at the boutiques when they have seasonal sales.

6. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Yeah, and not only that, Bluefly rarely ever has the style I want in my size...

7. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Same reasons as posted in the above, I haven't bought any clothes over on-line yet. Euro size is truly weird as the same size by the same brand may differ in actual size if the released year or designers (w/in the same brand) are different.

BTW, I met this lady who told me my tie I was wearing was 1999 Versace design. That freaked me out. I never cared of "vintage" of clothes before! I didn't even realize these design could be different every year. She said there're so many "outdated" brand clothes worn by people. To some of you fashion conscious guys here, do you guys pay attention on the year of clothes you buy?

8. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven

Colour me lucky as my body dimensions are nearly PERFECT for the Italian designers. D&G and Armani, for example, nearly fit me perfect off the rack(!). As for the year/fashion, generally buy classics so a dark navy suit is a dark navy suit. Same with shoes, etc. Yes there are moments where i may opt for a smoking jacket or something else a bit "outrageous," yet generally these are "classic outrageous" too.

Besides, the way 99% of Americans dress... most are clueless about this year, last year... Hell, look at what is "in style" today and then look back a few decades... Anything look familiar to you?

9. nonturbo

nonturbo Rookie

Feb 9, 2004
    I appreciate all the input. I like Bluefly but it doesn't have Versace which is mainly what I am looking for. I got some input at another website to try ArmaniExchange so I bought around $600.00 worth of stuff from them. The prices are very low and you're buying direct.

I still want some Versace however and was wondering if anyone could still direct me to a website like bluefly with Versace. Doesn't matter what season it is.

10. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I like Versace too and I'm still looking for a good site. Raff Network is okay but they have a lot of the funkier Versace stuff and they're just as high priced as going to the store. At the store though... I get to try things on. :D

11. nonturbo

nonturbo Rookie

Feb 9, 2004
    Awesome. Let me know if you run into anything.

12. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Search eBay for seller "designer-suits-you-well"...