Anyone know where there is a passthrough in 328 from trunk to cabin | FerrariChat

Anyone know where there is a passthrough in 328 from trunk to cabin

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by dhs-9, Apr 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dhs-9

dhs-9 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    I'm planning to put a CD changer in the trunk and need to pull some wires from the trunk into the passenger area. One connection has a plug the diameter of a nickle.

Thanks for your help

2. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    good luck !!!
    you will need to run the wires up the drivers side wheel well -over the gas tank- down to the center near the coolent tubes--in thru a small hole behind drivers seat--then once inside cabin --over to the center console and thru it up to the passanger foot well.

you need to remove the drivers wheel and wheelwell and the drivers seat and and loosen the center console also--ALL DAY job

3. dhs-9

dhs-9 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Is this the route the antenna wire in the trunk takes also

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, not sure of exact routing, but my recent stereo installation had existing antenna and power routed from right rear 1/4 panel and it came up in right passenger footwell. Ran in double floor of car?

5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Why don't you just put it up front? I bought a round piece of wood from Home Depot, covered it with black felt and drilled a hole in it for the hold down screw. You can drill a new hole in the passenger footwell and pop in a rubber grommet for the wires. This looks just like the factory did it. It does not take long to do this and works very well. I mounted a CD changer and an amp on mine. If you need to get to the tire or battery just unscrew it and set it aside on the radiator. I'll post pictures when I get home.