On sound alone, the Murcielago is king | FerrariChat

On sound alone, the Murcielago is king

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Cavallini, Apr 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    After listening to the sounds on this link, http://www.scuderiasystems.com/M-Media.htm
    I must say that the Murci with the Tubi exhaust is the most thrilling engine sound this side of CART/IRL. It's so pure and raw yet sharp and finely tuned.
    It reminds me of a mixture of Coltrane and Beethoven's Coriolanus overture.

The 360 CS is a close second, but with four fewer cylinders it could not truly be considered competition. I would also add the Maser and the AM Vanquish to the close second list.

I listened to the other cars on this site and nothing else compares to the F-cars. But again, the big Lambo is king. The 575 replacement, or even the GTC option, must step up to this plate.

I have yet to hear a Tubi'd 512TR and would love to do so. Links anyone?

Your thoughts......

2. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    scary how much i agree with your choices, each one was my top 10...you have good taste:) the other that sounds just vicious is of course, the 355 Tubi...again, less cylinders than a murci or vanquish, but comparable to the maser, which I love. But yes, in this case, the bull is king;)

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I prefer the pitch of the CS, but man, that Murci leaving 150ft of rubber in the 'launch at the track' (can't remember where I got it from...) video clip is incredible.

Google around- there's a Japanese Tubi website with plenty of vid clips including some Tubi'ed TRs.

4. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I have that clip, filmed in Italy I think, or at least the language sounded Italian. Yes, the basso profundo is exquisite.

5. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    If Ferrari uses that Maser engine in the next 8-cylinder, it should be glorious.

6. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    I'd have to agree with you. The Murcielago has the nicest sounding engine i've ever heard in my life.

7. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Wouldnt that be cool to have those exahaust notes as an alarm clock or something? It would be a little thrilling but it would get my bloody pumping in the morning :)

8. McLaren_boy

McLaren_boy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    ATL but NOLA is home
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Wow, that sounds great...but I think there are better. The flat 12s in the Testarossas sound just wonderful, especially with proper exhausts. If you want to hear a bunch of different Ferraris, http://www.tubistylejapan.com/FCTmovies.htm

Some of the links aren't up right now, but there are still some cool vids. Hope that's not a repost...

9. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    What's the deal with that first link? Says I need a password to watch the videos. I'd like to see those because the only time I've seen a Murci at the track, it made absolutely no sound...

-R

10. GDautosport

GDautosport Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    NJ
  11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    U need to hear an F50 with MS exhaust ...

12. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    The noise of that Murcielago with tubi is really something. It would scare little kids away for sure.
    I remember looking at a Best Motoring video, and there was an F50 with black wheels (with tubi) and in my opinion it was better than this. That F50 I`m talking sounded just like a Formula 1 car.

13. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I would enthusiastically agree! But, I might be biased considering I own a Murcielago with the Tubi system installed. ;)

14. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Hearing the sound of a 365 GTB/4 Daytona at the age of six is what started it all for me. It's still my most favorite Ferrari.
    :)

15. Z06Kal

Z06Kal Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    The Carrera GT sounds absolutely electric to me.

16. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Ryan, do you or anyone here have the link(s) for Tubi sound files and/or Capristo? I'm thinking of getting an after market exhaust. Thanks.

17. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Wow... There's restricted access to the moving Murcielago clip, but the idle & revving clip is awesome... It definitely has some bite to it... i'd love to hear it on the go... Especially from inside the cockpit...

The 512TR sounds awesome and the F512M sounded pretty ridiculous, too... i couldn't hear the Lotus Elise clip; the video played, just not the sounds... The sound of Tubis on a TR is unforgettable, ESPECIALLY when you're riding inside the car (or driving:))...

18. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    You Ferrari lovers have it good. Now what do us Muscle guys have? ;)

Theres just something about hearing an Italian car le'er rip and just take in all the harmonics of the beautiful sou.. no music!

19. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Old age is catching up with me ... I found the link.

20. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    I wholeheartedly disagree, the Carrera GT exhaust note is definitely the most thrilling thing I have ever heard short of F1.

21. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Agreed... If an F1 sound is your thing, there is no closer street car than the Carrera GT... in fact, I think they succeeded in duplicating it... its an amazing sound.

However, I prefer a more musical sound... more growl... more burble... more changes as you go through the RPM band... more character... so, its many of the old 60's Ferraris and (of course) the Stradale that appeal the most to my ears.

22. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    the tubi is a must onmurci... the stock exhaust doesnt sound so hot...i havent heard the carrera gt.. are there sound files somewhere?..the 996s sound the worst..the 993s sound better

23. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    I really like the way the Murci sounds as well. My favorite Ferrari would have to be the F40 then the F50.

However, my all time favorite has got to be the Zonda. The basy tone sounds like the 4 Horseman of the Apocalypse riding into battle.

24. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Just what I wanted to hear. Many thanks.

25. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    It is grand, and it dusts everything short of an Enzo.