3rd Annual FerrariChat.com Indy Gathering Info... | FerrariChat

3rd Annual FerrariChat.com Indy Gathering Info...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by beast, Apr 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Have not heard anything just yet about plans for another F-Chat dinner in Indy. Has anyone started to plan for one????

Rob

2. gripet

gripet Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    south of Chicago
    rob, count me in. just need day, time, and location. Last year's dinner was a lot of fun. Can't wait to do it again. thanks tom

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yes, we'll do it again. Same place? Who set up the reservation last year? I'll have to go check.

4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I think it was Dave Soppelwith(SP?) that set it up last year. I agree with the same place the food and atmosphere was beyond excellent

Rob "The Other Rob" Guess

5. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I'll be glad to do it again if instructed to do so.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Dave, you did a perfect job last year and put us in a perfect place, so we would love for you to do it again.

I think we would have about the same head count or maybe just a few more. We'll see.

I'll also bring goodies for everyone this time. Wife is actually out of school and working this year! :)

7. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I'll report upon the results of a phone call. Should I shoot for 20-25?

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    We'll have to run a headcount thread to be sure. Maybe run it from now until end of May? Would that be enough warning to the restaurant? What is the max they can handle?

Usually only about 80% of those that sign up actually show up.

9. Cincy Ken

Cincy Ken Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Cincinnati
    I'll be coming up for race weekend with my son (almost 16, and itching to drive), and we would be interested in attending. What is the preferred evening? I'd guess Saturday, with the FCA dinner on Friday.

10. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Rob,

Well lets get this list started ;) Put me down for 1

Rob "The Other Rob " Guess

11. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I just got lucky and talked to Artero (the owner) and he will accomodate us again but can't do it until 8PM. I put us down for a minimum of 20 and CAN expand this number but would like to be close to the acutal show's. The restaurant is called "Capri Restaurant", the address is 2602 Ruth Drive and the phone number is (317) 259-4122. Just south of 79th and Keystone Ave on the North side of Indy.

12. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Thanks for getting this started before it was too late to get in anywhere on the race weekend!!

13. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Dave,

Not a problem.. My mouth is still watering from all of the fine food last September.

14. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Assuming not hearing any complaints from last year, I told Artero to do the same type of menu. If I remember, 3 main dishes with various sides?

15. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Dave,

I enjoyed it. That was some of the best Italian i ever had.

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    [size=+2]Saturday, June 19th, 8pm at Capri Ristorante[/size]

Thanks to Dave Stoeppelwerth for suggesting the restaurant last year and setting up the reservation again for this year. The food was really A+!

Same deal as last year...

Sitting is 8 pm. Artero (the owner) will choose 3 items from his menu + maybe a special (at least 4) for the night to be served family style for around $22/person. He will park his employees up front as when F cars show up we (locals) can park near the entrance. Persons interested in the menu items should go the www.capriristorante.com for maps and other info.

We had a great turnout of 20-30 people last year and I expect about the same this year or more. We're going with a very nice Italian restaurant, 8pm is good so everyone can enjoy the support races at the track and maybe hit the hotel for a rest/shower beforehand.

Dave says it's only about 15 minutes from the track and traffic won't be bad this much later. Please look at the directions carefully, at least 4-5 FChat’ers got lost last year and never made it. The place is off the main street about a block on a little side street.

I need a count of those that want to attend either on this thread or email me [email protected]. I will keep the list ongoing and update this thread now and then.

Current List...

Dave Stoeppelwerth (Indianapolis, IN)
    Rob Lay (Southlake, TX)
    Greg Scott (Dallas, TX)
    Ron Rippe (Lancaster, TX)
    Rob Guess (El Mirage, AZ)

Thanks,
    rob

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Current List...

Rob Lay (Southlake, TX)
    Greg Scott (Dallas, TX)
    (2) Ken Roth & Allen(Cincinnati, OH)

18. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    I'm sure this thread will keep bouncing to the top, but when do I need to have my intentions settled by? It might be fun to ditch my regular group and come to dinner!

19. roccapalumbo

roccapalumbo Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    ohio
    Full Name:
    robert
    Are you guys planning at all to attend the parade of cars and the gathering with fca-cic in Indianapolis? I'm trying to get dates and times of all the ferrari activities surrounding the grand prix. I'm planning on driving my 360 from Dayton to attend SAt/Sun. Dave S. Can you reccommend a good hotel with "safe" parking that may be central to all the events? Thank you, Robert

20. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I would suggest Hotels on the North and Northeast quadrant of Indy just on the outside of I-465. Ie. the Hampton Inn approx. 6800 East 86th street or a couple hotels approx. 7000 E 96th street. I'll try and get names. I'm not really familiar with hotels south and west of the center of town. I'll be glad to give my opinion of any adress you have. There are other Indy guys lurking on this site as well.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think we should have a final list by 2-3 weeks before the event.

My past Indy schedule has just been browsing the Friday night Indy FCA show and then Saturday after all the racing doing the FerrariChat get together. I haven't participated in other Ferrari events.

Current List...

Rob Lay (Southlake, TX)
    Greg Scott (Dallas, TX)
    (2) Ken & Allen Roth (Cincinnati, OH)
    (2) Dave & Becky Goldman (New Orleans, LA)

22. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c

count me in for three. cu there.

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Current List...

Rob Lay (Southlake, TX)
    Greg Scott (Dallas, TX)
    (2) Ken & Allen Roth (Cincinnati, OH)
    (2) Dave & Becky Goldman (New Orleans, LA)
    (3) Rick Catalano (Panama City Beach, FL)

24. cab7104

cab7104 Karting

Mar 25, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I am very interested in the Indy event. I have never been to a Ferrari event before, and I have heard that this one is very good one to go to, however, I have some questions that I hope you can answer. What exactly are the dates of the show, do you have to be a FCA member to attend/are there registeration fees just to attend, what can I expect from this, am I welcome to your FChatter dinner(without having a Ferrari of my own yet). I am very interested in meeting you guys, and would love to see all the beautiful cars that you drive. I would appriciate any info that you can provide for me, as well as a cost for attendance if that is available. I am sorry if this should have been a new thread, but if I can do, I would like to attend this dinner, so hopefully it won't make too many people mad. Thanks in advance for your help.

Craig

25. roccapalumbo

roccapalumbo Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    ohio
    Full Name:
    robert
    Craig, check out www.fca-cic.org and www.brickyard.com You will find all the info you'll need about events surrounding the grand prix. You do not need to be a ferrari owner to attend ferrari events or to join FCA (ferrari club of america). Having a passion and interest is all that matters. Have fun Robert