Where is DES | FerrariChat

Where is DES

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dr. Bob, Nov 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    I miss all of his useless posts :D
    Maybe when I try hard enough I can be no.1 poster now :D

2. ferrariguy

ferrariguy Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2002
    Victoria, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Lawrence Yee
    I'm sure he'll chime in soon. He's probably out and about (looking for F-car rides, I imagine :p )

3. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Dr BOB;

Get in line i am currently the #1 poster on this board other thatn Rob Lay WOOO HOOOO

All hail the new post king of Ferrari Chat!!!!!

Just kidding

Rob Guess "The Other Rob"

4. Ferruccio

Ferruccio Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2003
    olathe, KS
    Full Name:
    Dan Gordon
    Just once I want to see DESes posts say 1 instead of 9,000 lol

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Here i am... i'm not at home this weekend (not that it matters, i don't have access to the internet on the weekends, anyway) but i'll be home tomorrow night - will hopefully have part IV up by tomorrow or Tuesday, the latest... i apologize for the delay... Dan, this should be my first post but i already put in a request to have all my information moved from the old board to this one... i'll be back in place in no time... :)

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    DES!!! Welcome.

In due time I'll get DesChat back and I would like to post all your stories on it's own page. I think I'll create an Articles section.

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Hi, NEWBIE! Mua-mua-muahahahahahaaa!

8. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    For the first time i am ahead of DES!!!! It's party time.

Hey Rob Lay is there any way we car dorce DES to play catch up????

Just kidding DES.

9. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    \q{car dorce}
    LOL, Rob, i'm not even sure what that means...

Rob, an articles page would be awesome... i need to get started on Part IV but this weekend has been one thing after another and i haven't had a chance to sit down and write. New board is somewhat confusing but looks great... Bit thanks to you for making this "hobby" a full-time priority; i'm sure i speak for others as well, when i say that i'd go nuts without FerrariChat... :)

10. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Ok, so i see that i'm doing something wrong with the coding for the quotes... Is everything different or is that just a glitch...?

11. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess

DES

just click on the reply button to the right side at the bottom of the post you want to quote. don't use the reply at the bottom of the thread.

12. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Different software, different tags.

For quotes:

[QUO TE] your text here [/QUO TE]

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Oh, ok, i got it now, thanks... Things have been really hectic here in the office and my nights have been busy, too, thus keeping Part IV on hold; it's started, just not finished... i hope to finish it tonight and post it tomorrow morning... That's if anyone even remembers the whole thing, since it's been so long since i've last posted...

i miss FerrariChat... i need to get the government to pay me to be on here all damn day long... :)

14. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Maybe you could find a wealthy Ferrari enthusiast who is too busy to keep current on Fchat. He (or She) could hire you to be a personal Fchat assistant. Your entire day could be devoted to Fchat, you could print out posts your employer might find interesting and maybe type up new posts.

You could also try getting a kickback from the hosting company

:)

15. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Mark, are you hiring...? Know anyone that is...? Where's James Glickenhaus...? i need to know how the current job market is doing and when it will become an employee's market, rather than an employer's market and (takes a breath) lastly, i need to know if anyone out there is looking to hire a car enthusiast...? How does one go about securing such a position...? i don't ever recall hearing it come up on career day back in elementary school... Hmmm...

16. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I would suggest writing a letter to Bill Gates outlining the services you offer. Let him know that you understand he is a car enthusiast but the demands of running Microsoft leave him little time for internet forums. Explain that the world's wealthiest man should enjoy some of the finer things in life like being the #1 poster at Fchat. Tell him a bit about your posting experience, how you made 6000 posts in less than a year. If all else fails tell him Larry Ellison is alread an F1 rookie.

Totally off topic but I thought this might amuse you. My brother is at the SEMA show in Vegas this week and just called me. He says "You want to be jealous?" "I'm standing a foot away from a red Enzo looking at the engine"... What a little punk. He is taking pictures, I will scan them when he gets back.

17. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    DES,

I could use another good detailer over here. How handy are you with a bucket and soap? :)

18. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...! Augustine, i'm REALLY handy with a bucket and soap depending on how handy you are with $40,000 a year...

Mark, that sounds awesome, tell him to take horDES of pictures, then post them, then email them to me so i can post them again... :) Give me a call some time soon - you still have my number even though your phone bit the big one, right...?

19. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    DES,
    What's up ASSNIPPLES!!!!!!! Where the hell have you been. Stay away from the White Zinfandel and get back down here. Better yet I'm getting the hell out of the south and heading up there. I'm still in a daze from the "adventure". Nobody believes my stories so I just quit telling them and showed everyone my pics. I was going to download them but now we can only do them one at a time so I'll have to wait till the boss is gone. I still got the pics to support the upcoming episode. Just waiting on you bud.

20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Mark, ROTFLMAO...!!! That's classic...! i bet i would've laughed even harder if i knew who Larry Ellison is... :)

21. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    CEO of Oracle which, I believe, is the world's second largest software company. Larry lives a little higher profile life racing sailboats and doing other cool stuff. There used to be a good bit of rivalry between Oracle and Microsoft but I don't know if that is still the case.

I just called you and left a message, will try you again in a while.

22. Gman

Gman Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 15, 2003
    York, PA
    Hey DES

Where the h*** is part IV from your adventure in the Big Easy? You got me hooked and then left me hanging! Do me a solid and please give up the rest of the story:)

23. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Here is the the poll I was telling you about

DES POLL

24. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast