Britesmile- Anyone tried it? | FerrariChat

Britesmile- Anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Uberpower, Apr 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Hi all,

Has anyone tried the Britesmile treatment? If so, post your experiences/satisfaction level here!

Here is a quick synopsis of how it works:

The gel contains a proprietary photo-initiator, which assists in chromophore destruction at the tooth surface. What does this mean? In short, our gel is ready to be activated by our patented blue-light, which shines on the gel and activates its natural teeth whitening compounds. The blue-light will only trigger the gel because it is specifically tuned to respond to certain wavelengths of light.

Essentially, they claim a nine-shade improvement in the whiteness of your teeth in 60 to 90 minutes with no pain or discomfort, while you watch TV.

I made an appointment for next Friday, May 7th. I'll post updates with pics regarding the before and after shots!

Nick

2. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    Wow, this should be good. Cool.

3. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I had it done in January before my wedding... six shades brighter in about 1.5 hours. My teeth got a little sensitive after the second application, but no big deal. Interestingly, I had it done in Denver, but had priced the procedure in Honolulu because I was moving. It was almost half as much in Hawaii. I told this to the Denver office and they gave me the reduced price after I told them I would just get it done when I got to HI. They really try to sell you on the toothpaste/gels/etc... which is obviously where the profits are for them.

the only bad part about it was that I couldn't eat or drink anything dark for 24hours. All I had was rice and Sprite!

Nine shades is a HUGE jump, and I imagine it would only happen to someone with REALLY BAD teeth..

It was worth it, because I love coffee, and my teeth were showing it.

4. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Very good information. You recieved two applications? Were they both within the 1.5 hour timeframe or were they two different visits?

Also, have you seen any fade back to your original shade at all? What are the care instructions after the procedure? Do you NEED the toothpastes they sell?

Also, they have this priced at $600 which I swiftly negotiated down to $500... still too much?

nick

5. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Just went once to their office. Each application of gel is about 20minutes long, then they clean off your teeth, and re-apply the gel. So, I had four application of gel that day. Maybe one shade towards original after 3 months. I didn't buy any of their stuff, but i do brush 3 times a day with the generic whitener paste. I did brush with their paste before and after the procedure, and i liked it, I just didn't feel like spending so much that day. You can but the paste anytime though. Online or thru their stores. Care afterwards, is stay away from foods that stain (yeah right) and avoid saliva build-up on your teeth (with their paste and gel pen). Neither of which I do. Still pretty brite.

four to five hundred sounds about right.

6. androza

androza Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    I had it done about six months ago, and theres been a little fade, but they're much much whiter than they were. I had pretty yellow teeth naturally before, and in pictures now my teeth are clearly the whitest. However, I am thinking about having it done again soon. I bought the toothpaste and stuff, I think its a waste of money, and wouldn't buy it again. However, all in all, it was some of the best money I've spent. I think I payed around three or four hundred for it in Georgia, plus a hundred or so for the toothpaste, molds and whitening gel.

7. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    I have been thinking about doing this as well. Since I just saw my dentist last week, and forgot to ask him, wondering if anyone on here may know the answer to this silly question.

My front top two teeth are fake/have been capped. The cap is right at the gum line. This was due to a skate board accident when I was 8. Curb, meet teeth, teeth curb. Well, the curb liked the teeth more then teeth liked me. So wondering, will the fake teeth change colours as well?

TIA~

8. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    My Mom was told that should could not have the treatment because of a front cap. Not sure why though...

9. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Red- the website says that they apply the gel and the light to each tooth individually, so by that rationale, you shouldn't have an issue... matching the exact white of the two fakes may be more of an issue though...

10. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Yeah, they matched when the teeth were made permanet. That was what I was afraid of. Oh well....

11. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Ahhh, just use white-out, and take some deep breaths while your're at it. You wont know the difference in color (for a few minutes anyway...)

12. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    What does this procedure do the enamel on your teeth.
    Are you reducing the life of your teeth!?
    Is this at like polishing the paint on your car.....after a while its bare metal???

13. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    http://www.britesmile.com/what/index_faqs.html

14. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Had it done a couple of years ago. It really works well. $500.

15. androza

androza Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Actually, about the caps, I'm not sure. The tooth on either side of my two front teeth were too small, so they were built up with some sort of plastic. They bleached right with the real teeth, and I can't even tell the difference. Find out first, I suppose.

16. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    i was thinking about getting it done. My dentist told me about it 20 minutes after he finished putting in a color matched filling on the corner of one of my front teeth. He said that the filling would not lighten so I would need to get it done again.

17. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I haven't heard of that treatment before......but I did use CREST "Whitestrips" for 14 days and was very impressed with the difference.....FWIW......