Peeper in the family | FerrariChat

Peeper in the family

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by UroTrash, Apr 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    The tread about “lurkers” got me thinking.

I have a cousin that I have not seen since I was about 8 years old. He was an only child; his parents had Siamese cats. They let everyone know, including my cousin, that they preferred the cats and that he was, well, a little unexpected. Anyway, I never thought much about him, not even Christmas cards as he always seemed a little ..well..different.

So, a few years ago, I hear he gets arrested for being a “peeper”. How creepy is that? He got arrested looking in somebody’s window. God knows if he was looking at a man or woman. What a sick f*ck.

So, he’s married, and obviously this has a big impact on the marriage. He has kids, etc. etc. He stays out of jail, wife separates, he looses his job, on and on.

So here are the questions:

1. Does anyone else have real creeps in their family (that they will admit to)? Do I get kicked off of F-chat since I have a peeper?

2. How many peepers do you think are out there?

3. What psychopathology makes a peeper?

4. Most importantly, why, of all the deviant behavior, do we have a cutsie-wutsie name for some creepy sexual maladjusted deviant that looks in peoples Levolars and pulls his pud?

I mean, we don’t call a rapist a “rapie-wapie” or a pedophile a “kiddie-gettie”. But we have a cute name for this wanker.

A “peeper”. How cute. “Cousin Joe’s a peeper”. How quaint and darling. Give me a break.

No offense intended to any F-chat peepers, rapist, pedophiles or other losers.

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Michael, given your chosen occupation, I don't think you have to worry about us kicking you off FChat. Hmmm, just thinking. I guess that you don't get too many people bugging you at parties with medical questions do you?

I always tell people that I work for the IRS. Of course, no one invites me to parties any more...

3. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Dale.... you are skirting the questions....

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...!!!

Michael, not that i, in any way, condone or associate with peeping, but i think it's a far different offense than raping someone or engaging in sexual relations with a child...

Furthermore, i don't think being a voyeur (or a peeper, in some ways i guess there's a difference) is indicative of any sort of mental disorder as it is more to a personal preference; i DO think there's a problem with "peeping"; what i mean is, peeping on folks you don't know, who don't know you're peeping and, if they DID know, wouldn't be happy with you peeping, as you said your cousin did... So while there's probably not a definitive mental disorder associated with voyeurism or "peep show" peeping, there is a distinct possibility that there's some sort of "problem" with your cousin's peeping... Unfortunately, i'm not familiar with the psychopathology that may or may not "make" a peeper; i'm not even sure it would be a "psychopathological" trait...

i have no idea how many peepers are out there and wouldn't even know where to begin to cultivate information that would aid in hazarding a guess...

The term "peeper" comes from the term "peeping tom", which, by definition, is a pruriently prying person; a voyeur...

No, you won't get kicked off of FerrariChat for being related to someone who's a peeper; yes, i have creeps in the family tree; NO, i will NOT talk about that stuff here or anywhere for that matter... :)

Sorry that this thing with your cousin bothers you, but i think it's commendable that you can sign on here and talk about it...

5. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Hmmmm, sounds like I touched a nerve there...:)

joking, just joking...

6. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, where...? If i came off a little stiff, it's 'cause i was trying to look at things from all angles... i apologize if i rubbed you (in a non-peeping sorta way) the wrong way... :)

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Huh! That wasn't me wearing that dress. Honest Abe, it was my cousin....

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Peeping Tom is the guy who saw Lady Godiva naked in the 11th Century, at least that's the legend.

Everyone else shuttered their windows, except for Tom, who took a peek, through an unshuttered window at the passing naked Lady.

Odd, none the less, to make "Peeping Tom" into common language as a result, but that we did.

"Peepers" or one who peeps, sounds kind of cute, but, ain't. My wife, retired FBI profiler, doesn't think it is harmless at all, although, not as awful as child molestors, etc.

And, to answer the question, nope, don't have any creeps in the family, just retired creep catchers.

9. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Wow...! That must be AWESOME...! Sounds like an interesting dinner conversation on ANY night... What does she do now...?

10. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

See Carbon, the FBI thinks its kinda creepy too.

11. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
  12. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
  13. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Michael -- do you want the answer to the riddle in your Profile?

14. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

I know the answer, remember I posted it... :)

15. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i guess i have a different view 'cause i've never been caught... :)

J/K...!!!

16. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Yo. Carbon.

She chased child molestors and abductors for about 10 years, after helping to set up VICAP after college. VICAP is the national data base for violent criminal behavior patterns. They talk about it all the time on Law and Order when they are looking for a perp.

Now she's hanging at the house, raising our combined family of FOUR TEENAGERS ages 18,17,16, and 15. 3 boys and a girl. Needless to say, a full time job in itself, and then some. Toss in the mastif puppy, two cats, and a tank full of fish, and there you go... more than enough to do.

We're fortunate that I earn enough that she could get out of business completely and tak a little time to enjoy (?) the kids before they all head off to college, etc.

17. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    No commendation needed, I posted it because I thought it was funny. I got a kick out of it. The old folks did a lot of hand wringing and head shaking. A peeper in OUR family? HA!

18. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    My wife and I were looking through her "family tree" in the fold out pages in the back of her family Bible. Lots of predictable people - farmers, bankers, some other business people and teachers. Then, on the far right side, there's a brief entry: horse thief - hung! Loved it. No mention of Miranda rights, appeals, or time off for good behavior. Just "horse thief - hung."

No peepers that we are aware of.

19. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    What if it is shoved in youre face? i have a large garden and spend hours every weekend tending, we have a neighbour who when i am out will walk out of her property topless and pose around her garden, what am i supposed to do, i cant help but look, does that make me a pervert, i did tell my wife just in case. but boy i really love the garden more now.

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Stephen that's great!!

We had the Hare Krishnas start a housing compound at the fenceline. I told the gf we were gonna run around naked until THEY built the fence, to save US money!

Griot's Garage advocates washing your car nude to avoid scratches! OK by me.

I'm the criminal in my family. Drive too fast, drink too much, and stay out late dancing. My name is Speedy and I'm a party animal. "Hi, Speedy!"

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Everyone has a little voyeur in them, just watch how the opposite side of a traffic accident backs up. However, at some point there's a line between normal human behavior and a little psycho. At least strippers know you're looking at them! :D

22. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Ok so DrTax mentioned mdstrib's occupation, so out of habit I checked his profile and saw the triangle mystery thing... I have an answer for that and was just wondering mdstrib, do you know the answer or are you actually wondering how that's possible? :)

-R

23. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I saw that thing in his profile and am going to try to figure it out. I see where the space comes from- the orange piece that is moved down has 3 blocks coming off it whereas the green part only has 2 blocks for it to overlap on. It just seems confusing to me. The only thing that i have seen that is more cool (but that actually makes sense to me) is cutting a mobius strip down the center...

24. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I know how it works.

25. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Well, at least he's easy to shop for on holidays.

You know, the old standbys: Bushnell binoculars, new Brooks Bros. trenchcoat, climbing gear from REI, Sony Handycam, New Balance running shoes, bailbond gift certificates. Beats a tie or a coffee mug.