Anyone here play tennis? | FerrariChat

Anyone here play tennis?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Danysh, Apr 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Danysh

Danysh Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Danysh Framroze
    Looking for a hitting partner. Haven't picked up the racket in a while, looking to get back into the swing of things (no pun intended). Have a hardcourt where I live.

Cheers,

d

2. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    I play ALTA and USTA but am always looking for new hitters. We have 10 hard courts and 2 clay courts available at our tennis club! I wonder about the drive though. I live in Towne Lake which is in Woodstock. I see you are in Atlanta but where exactly? Are you Familiar with ALTA?

3. Danysh

Danysh Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Danysh Framroze
    I'm in Buckhead, literally 5 minutes down the road from the Lenox Mall (Lenox Park). Not familiar with the ALTA, assume it stands for Atlanta Tennis Association or something of that nature?

Cheers,

d

4. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Airbarton, is your license plates FINLEY?

5. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Yes!

6. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    It stands for Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association. It is an organization of over 100K tennis players here in ATL. It is team tennis. There are levels from C8 (beginners) to AA1 (semi-proffessionals). It is open to anyone that wants to join. They have league play all year long. I am sure there is a team in your area. Go to www.altatennis.org for more information. I have been envolved in ALTA for years. It is a lot of fun and a great way to socialize with other tennis players. If I'm not mistaken there is a link on thier web site that will tell you who the teams are in your area.

7. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Madturk, I see you have a Cherokee county license plate. Where are you? I am in Towne Lake Hills East. Exit 8 just past Woodstock.

8. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    airbarton,
    I am in Eagle Watch. I've never seen you on the road while driving the 355 but seen you a few times while driving my BMW M roadster Dinan( silver ). You might remember, you even gave it a go one time. I love that black 348, what a car.

9. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Thank you, I love it too. I seem to remember the time you were talking about. Nice M you got there Turk. I have a soft spot for beamers myself. My wife has a convertible 325ci that I think is a great car. I'm supprised we haven't run into each other more often. The 348 is my only car so it goes everywere I go. We should try to get together some time. I love the 355 as well. I wanted to buy one myself but they were just a bit out of my price range. The 348 was a good compromise. Are you going to Road Atlanta for the 360 challenge? Me and Karen are going up on friday and staying thru the weekend. We will be staying at Chateau Elan. I am planning to drive in the touring class on Saturday.

10. Danysh

Danysh Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Danysh Framroze
    nice! cheers for the heads up. Let me know if your ever in the area and want to play.

d

11. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    D, I forgot to mention we are having a charity pro-am tournement here the weekend of the 8th. It is open to anyone. If you have ever wondered what it would be like to hit with a real touring pro, now is your chance. The format is round robin. there is room for 20 men and 20 women. They will rank the ametures 1-20 and each will be paired with a pro. The number 1 ameture will be paired with the number 20 pro and so on. The event includes a dinner and pro exhibition. so far 12 men from our subdivision have signed up so there are only 8 spots left. Let me know if you are interested and I will hook you up with the coordinator.

12. Danysh

Danysh Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Danysh Framroze
    Sounds like a good time and I would love to partake. Unfortunately I'm going to have to pass since I have to be in Boston next weekend. Thanks for the invitation though.

I see you're a pilot? You don't by any chance work for Delta do you??

Cheers,

d

13. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Airbarton, I'm surprised myself considering I put alot of miles on the 355. The 348 is one of my favorites and I wanted to buy one but when I laid eyes on my 355 I just had to have it. I am dying to go to Road Atlanta for the 360 challenge. Unfortunately I have to be in Fl. It sucks, but we all have to do what we have to do. We definitely should try to get together some time. I have an other BMW now you may have seen it around Town Lake dark gray M Coupe.
    PS> Be very careful around Town Lake I've been seeing more and more cops around. I think it's crazy.

14. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    No I am the chief pilot of a corporate flioght department. Sorry you can't make the tournement, it's going to be a real hoot!

15. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Yea your right about the sheriff. I got a ticket on TLPW just 2 weeks ago for 56 mph. It really made me mad because I wasn't even really trying to speed. As you know the average speed on TLPW is 55 anyway. What really stinks is I was only going from one entrance of TLH to the other when I got nabbed. I was accelerating into traffic out of the second entrance on my way to play tennis at the clubhouse which you know is at the first entrance. A motorcycle cop was sitting in the turn lane at that light at the first entrance. He was really supprised when I just pulled right up next to him to turn left into the subdivision. I didn't even realize he was after me. In fact he wrote me the ticket while I was sitting in the same parking space I parked in to go play. I must be the only idiot in world that can get a ticket on a drive of less than a mile. Sorry we'll miss you @ the 360 challenge. I'll be looking for the dark grey M. I'll send you a PM with my email.