Suggestions on what to see in Viena, Germany & the UK | FerrariChat

Suggestions on what to see in Viena, Germany & the UK

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    My new business will have me in these countries for a week in February. It looks like I may have some spare time to see a few of the sites. I have never been to Europe. Just looking for tips on what I may want to make time to see and products I may want to buy while I'm there. Please keep in mind I am not a real 'touristy' kind of person. Also, would a trip to the Ferrari plant be out of the way and what pre-arrangements are needs to request a factory visit?

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Ill be going in June on tour with one of my orchestras, so let me know what you think of it! It will be my first European trip as well.

If your interested in classical music at all, check out a concert. Vienna is the classical music capital of the world and the Vienna Philharmonic is one of the greatest orchestras! Nearby in Salzburg is Mozart's birth house and a great classical music museum (featuring a lot of composer's own instruments!).

3. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    In Germany you should go to a car factory for a tour. BMW has plants all over Germany. I went to Germany last summer, and went to BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, and Audi/VW plants. The Porsche and the BMW plants were definetly the best. The Porsche plant will take a little luck to get a tour, but any of the BMW plants should be fairly easy to get a tour.

As for the Ferrari plant, you may not have time. You will also need to talk to your dealer for the details. To be able to go, you need to have a Ferrari, and then you need to fax a copy of it to FNA and they set up the tour. The dealer should have all the specifics though.

Feel free to ask for specific questions if you want, and I will do my best to answer them.

4. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    I've been to these countrys MANY times. Vienna is really cool. tell me where you are staying.

Best regards,

Bob

5. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Ferrari UK Parts Warehouse must be on the list !

6. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Vienna rules! The place is overflowing with atrifacts, castles, ornate centuries old structures and hot friendly women!! I would suggest Garmisch in southern Germany for the scenery and Munich for partying.