308GTB | FerrariChat

308GTB

Discussion in '308/328' started by 410SA, Apr 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I went to Los Angeles to look at a 275 GTB/4, knowing there was another offer on it, and I was not very hopeful. Once I had seen the car and contemplated my options regardings the other bidder (hitman, bribery, just jump in the car and driveoff) I left and went to Andy Cohen's shop in Beverly Hills to look at Keith Collins mats for my 575. Sitting on the shop floor was a very nice red 308GTB, low miles (12,000) and looking very good!.

The 308 is still the shape that says Ferrari to me. The first Ferrari I ever got up close to was a 308 ( I was 14) and I always look longingly at them whenever I see them. I owned a Chiarro Blue 308GTB a dozen years ago and regretted selling it. (it was subsequently wrapped around a utility pole by the dealer on a test drive, so I guess it had bad karma).

I asked Andy how much he wanted and instinctively countered his offer.
    I guess I just can't help myself. I bought it. I'll have it shipped to AZ next week and I'll post pics.

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    WOW, BETWEEN YOU, MIKE P, SPEEDY308 AND MYSELF I BET THIS IS THE MOST 3X8"s TO CHANGE HANDS IN ONE WEEK ON FCHAT!!!!! congrats to you!!!!! michael