What makes you a true Ferrari Fan? | FerrariChat

What makes you a true Ferrari Fan?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mr_ferrari, Nov 25, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr_ferrari

Mr_ferrari Guest

To anyone who response to this thread, I or we would like to know “What makes you a true Ferrari Fan” I don’t think most of our wives and girlfriends will never understand want make us guys tick… We like our toys! For me, of course being Italian, a Ferrari is a true sports car with real heritage and deep roots. This statement is so true, in the last two years of F1 racing, No team can touch Ferrari, even with all the dumb rules that put on Team Ferrari, Ferrari will always be predominate name out there. We would like to know your thoughts please.

Rob

2. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I myself am a gear head at heart. I enjoy anything mechanical. To me a Ferrari is a mechanical materpiece.

For example Ford or Chevy's are finger paintings by 1st graders.

A Ferrari is a Picasso or Van Gough.

Rob Guess "The Other Rob"

3. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    i would say that the fact that ferraris get my heart beating more than beautiful women earns me the title of a ferrari tifosi...

ernie

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, Rob, nice analogy...

There are certain times in the day, when i look at the clock, and the time automatically reminds me of Ferrari...

1:56
    2:06
    2:08
    2:12
    2:50
    3:08
    3:12
    3:28
    3:30
    3:33
    3:40
    3:48
    3:55
    4:00
    4:12
    4:20
    4:56
    5:00
    5:12
    5:50
    6:12
    6:25
    7:50
    8:50

My studio apartment is more like a museum that i sleep in (officially open, by the way; if anyone ever wants to stop by and check out my collection, just let me know); i have models and posters and pictures and business cards and a hat; key chains, stickers, press kits, rare brochures, etc. of Ferrari stuff; i've gone without food just so i could buy Ferrari-related stuff... i find myself wanting to learn Italian but NOT because it's a romance language; i visit the local Bentley dealership almost every night to check out the Ferraris and other exotics they have in their lot; i have horDES of issues of the DuPont Registry (and i can't afford ANYTHING in there, but i have them) because they're filled with pictures of Ferraris... My eyes light up any time i here anything about Ferrari mentioned ANYwhere; television, movies, in public- ANYwhere... i'm not a true Ferrari fan, i'm just plain obsessed...!

If i have the time, i might stop into a toy store to see if they have any Ferrari stuff - even if i have no money to buy anything...! Whenever i consider future vacations, they all involve or heavily revolve around something Ferrari-related... My AOL buddy list is sectioned into two groups: people i know and people i know on FerrariChat... i can type "www.ferrarichat.com" faster than i can type my own name... i have more phone numbers in my cell phone of people on FerrariChat than all the other numbers in my phone, combined... i have numbers to dealerships in my phone, "just in case"... i've made more friends in the last year due to Ferraris than i made in all the years of my entire life prior...

Everytime i hear the words "post" or "thread" or "reply" or "spider" or see the initials "PPI" (like on a tire), i think of Ferraris... My non-Ferrari friends think i'm crazy... Everytime i see a Ferrari - even if i'm riding in another - i get excited... On Sunday, a few NJ folks and i rode down to New Hope; i was in a Countach on the way there (and an SV Monterey Edition Diablo on the way back) and i saw a Mondial 3.2 Cab when we stopped to eat and i almost fell out of my chair... Everytime i hear a 350 Z i get chills down my spine 'cause the exhaust so closely resembles that of an Enzo (at idle or low speed)...

i've kept every envelope of every thing that's been sent to me either by Ferrari or something here on the Chat... Every car that i own has to have Scuderia shields on it (none on the Sebring yet, but i'm working on it)...

The list is endless... My life, in some way or another, IS Ferrari... It revolves around Ferrari... My blood is NART blue- at least until it hits air, then it's Rosso Barchetta...

5. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    .........(mouth hanging open......bugs flying in and out.....I don't even notice it.....)

DES...I was going to reply to this but after reading....absorbing your post....I think I'm going to sit this one out!

6. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    my blood color is rosso corsa....

7. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Next time Ferrari's F1 team goes for 3 or 4 years without putting a car in the top 5... I'll still be here.

A few years from now when the 2nd generation Ford GT is beating both the 420 and the Enzo for a fraction of the price, and need its first service at 100k.... I'll still be here.

Dealing with the fact that Ferrari is not the greatest car of all times. Just a really really cool hobby that's a lot of fun.

8. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    It was dark and it had begun to snow. The brakes had started to go about an hour ago. The wipers were crap but the SWB's motor was still strong and by the time I pulled into the check point at the base of the pass we were only down by 20 minutes. Anything can happen in the mountains I told Patric don't try to get it back at night. We can catch them tomorrow. Alberto finished bleeding off the air looked at me and shrugged. Patric climbed in and with the invinicability of youth dumped the clutch and and fishtailed out onto the Cornish.
    At night the blood looked black. I remember how some of it had frozen into the snow. There wasn't much left.
    Alberto looked at me.
    "Go back to the Hotel. It's not your fault. You warned him. I'll collect the car. Mr. Ferrari will call his mother."

The correct translation of the title of Mr. Ferrari's autobiography is not:
    "The Enzo Ferrari Story" it's: "My Life of Terrible Joys"

9. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    I don't know that I am a true Ferrari fan, or fanatic...
    I just have a love for some cars that I grew up with over the years. Like Lola, GT40, Miura, Chevron, Chaparral, Porsche, including Ferrari.

10. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I love reading and learning about every model...from 1947 to 2003. I am a huge fan of the history. I look at a Ferrari...any Ferrari and see roling art. Most every other car is "blah".

Almost every room in the house has something Ferrari in it. The home office, my work office, the kitchen, the family room, our bedroom, and our bathroom.

I, like DES, look at the clock when it's 3:08, 3:28, 3:55. I look at store receipts for the same numbers. I will travel to Big Lots stores one-hour away to see if they have any 1:18 scale models not yet in my collection.

My wife is ready to commit me to a group specifically for adicts.

11. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    DES
    Your possesed buy the late Enzo.

12. RicersRule

RicersRule Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
  13. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    i think mine is inherited. my dad has been a fan of the F1 team for as long as i've known. actually i can still remember the first time i saw a ferrari in person. i was about 5 and we were driving home when a white TR pulled up next to us. my dad was quick to point out it was a ferrari and since then the sound that it made as it sped past us still echos through my ears. in high school instead of keeping pictures of hot women in my locker i put up pictures of the 250GTO or any other rare ferrari just so people passing by would ask, "what kind of car is that?" that would be my que to dump everything i knew about the car onto them in whatever time they allowed me. it was to the point where my friends would whisper the word ferrari in their conversations just so i wouldn't stop by and ask what was up.

then there was a poster of a red TR that i kept on my ceiling above my bed so when i woke up and went to sleep it'd be the first and last thing i saw. ferraris are a coveted prize, inspiring me to do well in school and to get a good job. there have only been two things that have been consistent throughout my life, and that's my love of flying, and my love for ferraris.

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Carguy, what...? :) i don't understand... :) What's wrong...? :)

Mojo, i should be so lucky...!

Ferrari Kid, that's awesome... i've always loved that picture in your profile - what an awesome shot; but i'm equally as intrigued by your avatar; what is that from...?

Mr. G., you're like a book whose last 50 pages have been ripped out and i'm frantically searching for them, to find what happened next; can you elaborate on your last post...?

15. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I'm a Ferrari fan because not only am I Italian (every Italian is a Ferrari fan), I call the color of my car Giallo, I have an office full of over 150 scale model Ferraris, I have Ferrari Fila khakis (blue and tan), all kinds of clothing and shoes, I spend all my extra cash on my car and the big one........I own all 3 Ferrari Barbies including the evening dress Bob Mackie Barbie.

16. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I am a Ferrari fan becase:

1) There is nothing in my life more invigorating than driving such a marque of engineering talent that I will never be able to posess in my life.

2) I believe the 308 (my car) is the best looking car ever produced.

3) Owning my car makes me appreciate everything I have in life and the health that goes along with being able to drive it.

4) Someday I may have a chance to meet DES. His post on this thread is poster material for the true Ferrari fan. I feel that handshake is a must for all.

17. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Gosh it all starts for me from the original idea of Ferrari at Alfa. The cause to start your own marque, like Aston-Martin. To know the catalyst that formed the cars from square one. Like when you hear the name of a car and it is not marketing as much as history. I have the urge to car-jack anyone with an A-M that does not know what the DB stands for. Like understanding why a Dino is and is not a Ferrari, brings a tear to my eye.

Even my bike is a Colnago for Ferrari. Ernesto Colnago is a legendary designer, and like Merckyx and Lemond, a former racer that started his own factories to fill a need from the racer's standpoint. But they will produce more Enzos than the Colnago CF3 so it was not made to capitalise on the Ferrari name, but as a tribute to a long relationship and respect. I idolize Ernesto and Enzo, similar idelas from different fields. Ernesto paid tribute by making the best frame his company could, and did the first run without putting his name on it at all.

18. zwoemba

zwoemba Formula 3

Nov 22, 2003
    I go to bed and I get up with Ferrari...My room is totally red and yellow :s My website, I spend a lot of time in it...If you say red, then I already think: 'Ferrari' ! It isn't an hobby anymore, it's a passion :)

19. JOEL D.

JOEL D. Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Joel DeLuca
    Here it is in a nutshell,

For 17 years there has never been a headache, cold, bad day, bad breakup, bad day at the office or any other malady that an hour in the 328 has not been able to cure. The Ferrari earns every penny I spend on her. Perfect day: wash the car, sit back, open a cold beer and just admire that car. I could look at it all day and never tire of it. I just love that car and everything else; the passion, collecting huge volumes of what my wife calls "nonsense", and the satisfaction of being part of a very special "club", flows from that.

20. zwoemba

zwoemba Formula 3

Nov 22, 2003
    Being a member of the 'tifosi' is also very special to me!

21. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I don't think I am.
    :)

22. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
  23. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    When you are long, thin and rather flat, attached to a hub at an oblique angle, and turned round and round by a motor with a Scuderia shield.

Thats what makes one a Ferrari Fan (Ducking for cover)..........

24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    :)

clever, very clever

25. ExoticRobert

ExoticRobert Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Gee by the sound of this thread , look's like we are all hooked on the f-car's!!!
    I have owned many different car's in my life..Porsche's, vett's, etc..but nothing is
    like going down the road, and come to a stop light and look over, the reaction you get is unbeliveable!
    I thought my 911 cab got the look's...NOT!!!! Something about a Ferrari's that even
    none car people stand-up and take notice!! Would not trade that for the world....