Another enzo on ebay! | FerrariChat

Another enzo on ebay!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Prancing_Horse, Apr 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    First one I've seen with the 4-point harness! Looks awesome!

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    ^ ditto that

BTW, I've just been thinking, I'd be interested in how many were made with the "small" seats. Just thinking ahead... :D

3. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    Incredibly high serial number for only 56th produced. S/N 134595 was the highest i've seen so far.

4. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    they are still producing if I am not mistaking!

5. betticat

betticat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    some one have more sn of FERRARI ENZO than barchetta/enzo register
    thanks

6. redjeeper

redjeeper Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Flowood, MS
    Full Name:
    Anthony Griffin
    Did anyone happen to notice that the seller is from Saudi Arabia and has not feedback? I smell another Nigerian.

7. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    They have currently made about 300 of the 399 due to be built

8. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    That Enzo would have to be modified by JK Technologies or some other company in order to bring it to the States I bet. That would definitely add more to the cost. I also thought I read that non-US ready Enzo's couldn't be converted to US Standards but that doesn't seem right does it? If you are spending close to $1 Million for an Enzo you can spend 200K more to make sure it is a legal transaction and the seller is legit.

9. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    If Ferrari has made 300 Enzo I assume this means that all 80 US cars have been delivered?

10. Devia

Devia Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Full Name:
    Julie Sczesny
    I think I smell a scam!

- Julie

11. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Not true.

Most Ferraris that are sold into Middle Eastern countries are sold with US VINs, which make them extremely more re-sellable. That Enzo, for example, has a US VIN (ZFFYT53AX40136154), whether or not CarFax has a record of it. So it's already Federalized.

Dening Cars, for one, often has cars that have come back from previous owners located in Brunei, Oman, Saudi Arabia, etc.

--Matt

12. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Hmm must be one of those rare 'Automatic transmission' Enzos...
    That doesn't sound sketchy at all. Has an Enzo and thinks it has an automatic transmission...?

I hope that's a mistake on the seller's part. I'll email him to find out...

:shiftyeyes:

13. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    An automatic with "2 doors or more"...? LOL... Seller has NO history... $800,000...? Hmmmmmm...

Anyway, the fourth VIN digit is wrong; says it's a W when, according to Edvar's site, www.red-headed.com, it should be a C... The check digit on the VIN all check out, which leads me to believe that the VIN is real, just not from an Enzo; either that or the check digit is right but something else about the VIN is screwed... The intricacy of VINs is new to me, so i might be talking out of my ass here, but someone else is more than welcome to go ahead and look into it, themselves... i doubt this auction's authenticity... :)

14. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    would have to be changed wouldn't it? The picture shows it is set up for a European license plate. Either way it appears like this is a scam.

15. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    One last thing...

www.barchetta.cc's NNO registry has 75 NNO serial numbers so far; not that that really means anything but they have serial number 133035 listed as 060/399 and 133504 as 190/399; this guy on eBay is saying 136154 is 056/399, so SOMEONE is wrong... Something tells me it's NOT wwwbarchetta.cc...

16. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Forget about this one as it is coming off the market. Steve275 has just wired the $$. Let's all meet him at the dock to see the joy in his face when it shows up!!

DL

17. arnaget

arnaget Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Jason
    At the Christie's 50th anniversary Ferrari display yesterday, i talked to a marketing guy from Ferrari/Maserati group. according to him (i dont know if he was referring to north america or the world), Enzo production is already completed. as an employee at FNA, he mentioned that they are delivering a used yellow Enzo today as their "last" delivery..so i take it to mean that all 80 in the states have been delivered.

18. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    ZFFYT53AX40136154

This VIN does NOT belong to an Enzo but to a 360 Spider instead. I can assure it 100%. The "YT53" part means it is a 360 Spider. Enzo VINs have "CW56" for USA versions and "CZ56" for Euro versions.

The s/n part "136154" could belong to any model, Enzo or not.

19. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    NNO, when trying to gather information about the sequence number of Enzos I've found it is a strangely unknown info. Not even owners are aware of their own Enzos' sequence numbers. In fact, I find very strange that there's 130 Enzos between 133035 and 133504. It is possible but not very probable. Whereas 136154 is clearly not possible to be the 56th Enzo. Once more, that assuming the rest of the info is correct.

As I said before, there's something 100% sure and it is that the eBay reported VIN does not belong to an Enzo. That should be enough to decide this offer is not clean.

20. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    lol, i'd love to hear the story on this transaction...

21. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles

LMAO - Now that IS really funny! :)

22. ferrari_kid

Jul 5, 2003
    i just got an email from the guy with a "revised" VIN number. since the one he had posted was apparently wrong.

VIN:ZFFCZ56B000136510

23. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    At least that DOES look like an Enzo VIN (Euro). The sequence number is still not probable. Did he mention anything about sequnce number?

24. ferrari_kid

Jul 5, 2003
    I pointed out the fact that it was a 360 VIN number and said nothing of it. There was no explanation to where he came up with the posted VIN. All he did was correct himself and gave me that number instead. I asked for the s/n but he didn't give that to me.