FerrariChat.com Car Poster. | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com Car Poster.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by dm_n_stuff, Apr 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I'd like to know what interest there is in my producing a high quality poster of F-chat members' Ferraris.

Kind of a montage of the cars from people here. Put their Ferrari Chat signature under the photo for reference. I will probably have to limit it to 50-100 cars. I'll have to see as I start to lay it out. I will run it in house on one of our presses.

I plan on producing an approximately 28" x 40" poster. Each participant would be required to contribute towards the cost by purchasing one of the posters.

We will also make it available to anyone else who would like one here for a nominal charge. If we can get 200 - 300 total posters made and sold, they will cost about $5-10 each.

Obviously I'll need high resolution photos of your favorite F-car to be sent to me, then we'll proof it up and see what we get.

Interested? Let me know.

2. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Ok,

So what I'm getting here is everyone wants to look at the posting, but no one here wants their car to be on a poster.

You know, hang it in the garage, put it on your office wall, maybe replace the mirror over your bed with this. Oops, went to far with the last one.

I'll wait a little longer and see if anyone is brave enough to show interest.

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I think it would rock & I would definitely submit a photo for it - I think it's a great idea! :)

4. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Yeah sure, I will submit a photo! Sounds cool! I'm in!

5. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

PM me and I'll give you my email address at work to send the file. Image size about 4" x 5" 300 DPI, jpeg, AI, TIFF, WMF, don't care about the format.

If we get enough good pix, I'll put it together and work out some final costs.

Dave

6. RP512TR

RP512TR Karting

Jan 11, 2004
    FRESNO
    Full Name:
    Ross
    that would be really cool!

7. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Dave how many lines of resolution should the 4X5 pic you want be. I will take one of the 355 for you to put on.
    Erik

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I don't think you would have any problem getting that many pics. It's a great idea. Ben did calendars two years ago and got over 100 pics and that's when we had alot less users.

You really need to post an email and just have people start sending. Please give the file requirements. Thanks.

9. Devia

Devia Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Full Name:
    Julie Sczesny
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but to put anything into production like this, you may need Ferrari's permission to show the mark.

For instance, Porsche would not allow us to do calendars of our OWN Porsches, unless they were paid.

Ferrari is allegedly just as rabid, I don't know!

What all do you know about this?

I have an extra interest because I am a professional artist, and have been putting together a package deal of which I can either do sketches of people and their cars, or paint them up, for their living room.

But if I am NOT mass producing, doing it just for the owners, it is legal. But if I sold prints without permission by Ferrari or Porsche, then I am in possible trouble. Unless it's a limited run type of thing.

dm_n_stuff, please pm me, I'm interested in what you all would charge me for a print run of my own artwork, on say, 90 lb enamel, or?

10. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

That's why we're doing this just for the owners of the cars, and doing it at cost. There's no profit, so no damages. I think we're in the clear here.

11. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Email mail them to me here: [email protected]

Send me the original file from your digital camera and I'll resize it. OR, if you have already altered it and stored it on your pc, send me at least a 4" x 5" image in 300 DPI (dots per inch) or 300 pixels per inch, and I'll rig it up from there.

Max file size is 10MB per submission, so we should be ok. Multiple photos is ok, too.

Be sure to put your FerrariChat.com signature and how you would like to be referred within the body of the email.

Thanks all,

Dave M.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I don't know for sure, but this sounds ridiculous. I understand not using the official Ferrari emblems or font, because they are protected. However, I can't see how they could say anything about posting a picture of the car. If you look through Forza and Cavallino, everyone is smart enough not to use the protected marks, but most everyone uses pics of their Ferraris.

13. Devia

Devia Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Full Name:
    Julie Sczesny
    Don't think just because it sounds rediculous, that there won't be a problem!

Yes, I do think you are in the clear, if the prints are just for the owners, and no profit. That is the clause we use in comic books, when we do a one off of a ® character by one of the big boys.

The calendar I was in involved with on the owner's P-cars though, WAS shut down by Porsche. They weren't going to have any of it, unless they had their cut.

- Julie

14. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Rob.

You're right. We're not doing this to make money, and even if we were, so long as we don't use their TM stuff, we're fine.

Photos of cars, owned by people who offerd the pictures for publication, where no profit is involved, can not be a copywrite issue.

15. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Julie, did that calendar list model numbers? Show the Porsche logos? That stuff is protected, especially in a "for profit" venture.

16. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    I'd buy one...... it would be cool to list out peoples names as a border around the pictures or something like that. (what I mean is fine print so it almost looks like a line but is really the names of members.)

While you are at it....why doens't someone offer FerrariChat.com stickers for your car? I've seen some well made vinyl stickers that wouldn't detract from the car at all.

17. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Vinyl stickers are really no problem. WE can make those with a big foot inkjet printer and some UV resistant inks.

I'll add it to the list of things to do if we get enough guys on this.

18. Devia

Devia Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Full Name:
    Julie Sczesny
    Dave, I think you have hit the nail on the head! Thanks, I needed to get that straight.

- Julie

19. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Count me in:)
    Happy to send you some pics & buy one

20. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

21. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    thanks, just sent mail with a few pics:)

22. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    #22 venusone, May 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is my photo. Ok, so it is my friend's my car. I will support you anyway I can. As a graphic artist/photographer I also am aware of copyright infringement & would NEVER use a Ferrari logo (shield, “Ferrari” in company typeface, prancing horse rectangle, etc.) for fear of men in black w/ uzzis driving a black Enzo showing up at my door. Ummm, might be worth it if caught on video….
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Count me in... but I'm waiting for a pretty day to go take some nice pics.

Can you get a proper Rosso Corsa color with UV inks on an inkjet?
    I've been trying with my current supplier and have come to find
    getting out good bright reds is impossible... they come out too drab
    or too orange.

24. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I have not been able to do this on any printing job. I guess if you pay enough you can make them adjust color till you are satisfied.

25. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    count me in, its a great idea.