Did you guys see the new Lambo.Chat? | FerrariChat

Did you guys see the new Lambo.Chat?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Nov 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    It's about time. Maybe they'll quit lurking on Ferrari Chat. Lambo's are nice looking cars,but,they will NEVER,EVER be like Ferrari. The rich racing heritage that Ferrari has just can't be "bought". Lambo's heritage is farm tractors! In fact,I always wondered why you NEVER see any Lambo's in ANY type of auto racing. Are they afraid that they'll "Break"? You would expect to see a Lambo. once in awhile in SOME sort of auto race,but,I never have. And,I watch SpeedChannel almost CONSTANTLY. Why isn't there a Lamborghini F1 team? Or,any type of racing,for that matter? Oh well. "Rolling Art",but,thats about where it ends.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually one of the many stories about Enzo's life goes like this: He wanted to work for Lamborghini, but didn't get the job, so he started his own brand. Not sure that is true though as Enzo really based his work on his projects at Alfa.

Anyway, I like Lambos, especially the Countach. But you're right, no racing history, especially not in F1. That kinda ends the book for me right then and there. But I wouldn't just base them on tractors, they do have some cool heritage. In a way I would consider them real exotics. As in really out there nobody ever knows about them exotics. Like the Mc Laren F1 or the Vector. Ferrari to me is not really an exotic anymore. A true sports car and a rare at that, but they have a long standing tradition and history and racing heritage, like Jaguar, Mercedes or Porsche. Just built in smaller numbers.

3. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Andreas, how can you forget about the track oiling Lambo F1 engines from the early 90's. Nobody wanted to be behind one those

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Lambo. had F1 cars in the early 90's? I didn't know that! I keep wondering why they aren't in F1 now,if their "street" cars are supposed to go at comparable speeds. And,I almost have to agree with Andreas' statement that Ferrari's don't really seem "Exotic" anymore. I think of them as The "Chevrolet" of the Exotic world. "Exotic" to me,anyway,means: LOW,WIDE,and POINTY! With the power to back up it's looks.

5. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Lambo only supplied the engines, they were still owned by Chrysler at that point ( I think )

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Good point Bob. Something inside me told me, that they were in F1 at some time, but I couldn't remember. You're quite right. Also about nobody wanting those machines.

7. Daryl

Daryl Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Barrington Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Daryl Adams
    Now, now guys, play nice! The Lamborghini engine is an impressive piece. I drove a Miura once and it made a believer out of me. While the Lambo engines were too big and heavy for F-1, I believe they had considerable success in off-shore power boat racing. I seem to remember Princess Caroline of Monaco losing her husband when he crashed his multi-Lambo-engined race boat some years back.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Daryl, welcome to the other side!

The other side of the forum that is, not the other side of exotics...

You're right about the powerboat thing. Yup, that was Casiraghi. Speaking of Powerboats: Anybody seen the movie "One crazy summer"? They cut (allegedly, not for real I hope) a 308 into pieces and use the engine for a boat.

PS: Daryl, how many Ferrari 2004 calendars would you like to buy at $ 15?

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No,I wouldn't bad mouth Lambo's. They are very cool cars. Just,that some owners constantly try to compare them to Ferrari's. But,you can't. Two different cars. The only similarities,really,are that they are both Italian Exotics. Ferrari has a long Racing Heritage. Lamborghini doesn't. That doesn't mean that they aren't nice cars,though,just because they happened to start after Ferrari did. And,the "stigma" that they had in the 80's,that only Rock Stars or Coke dealers owned a Countach. I think that that no longer is an issue. Gotta go watch Miami Vice now...:)

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    This is TOO funny! I turn on Miami Vice,(Friday A.M. on Spike TV channel) What do I see? Sonny Crockett,in the MacBurnie Daytona, chasing a White on White Countach,driven by a Drug Dealer.

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. On TODAYs "Miami Vice",Phil Collins plays a bad guy Drug dealer...driving a White Lambo. Jalpa! It was all of this type of thing that gave Lambo's a "bad rap" in the 80's as being only Coke dealers cars.

12. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Lambos,especially new ones, are really terriffic cars,it's the gold chain on the chest owners that stop me from getting one,really bad image.

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! Yes,THATS what I'm talking about! I am old enough (43) to remember "back in the day" in the Late,Great 80's when they were all owned and driven by Coke dealers,OR rich guys with the Gold chains, "Pinky" rings,Diamond earring,White belt and White "loafer" type shoes,shirt unbuttoned halfway down,excessive "Paco Raban" cologne, Polyester Sportcoat with the BIG collar,"Hey,Bay-beee,wanna go for a ride in my LAMBORGHINI?" But,I still,and and always did,love Lambo's. That is,AFTER my Ferrari and Corvette.(and in that order!)

14. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    LOL! 308 drivers crack me up!

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks,Allan. You DID get the comedy in that. I was just kidding,ofcourse.( sometimes,my attempts at Humor have gone WAY over some peoples head. And,they get all bent out of shape. Start whining,and it gets ugly! :)) No,I really do,and always have loved Lambo's. They are better than ever,now. But,every time I see a Countach...espcially,Red/Tan,or White/White,I get goosebumps. Those cars look BETTER to me now,than they always have.( I feel the same way about C3 Corvettes, '68-'82. I've always loved those cars,too,and owned 3-C3's out of the 7 'Vettes that I've owned. But,looking at most of the cars today, Those 'Vettes are starting to look MORE exotic than alot of the "Exotic" cars that are out there,now!) And,a Miura is the ultimate,in my book. But,I live just a few miles from Lamborghini Chicago,and stop by there,frequently,too oogle and ogle the nice assortment of Automobile Exotica that they always have on hand. ESPECIALLY,the Lambo's. :) :) But,seriously,the past few weeks,I've been watching Miami Vice reruns on the Spike TV network. And,it just so happens,that in only a few day spread,there was a White Countach,and a White Jalpa, BOTH being driven by bad guy drug dealers. AND they were dressed like what I described-80's fashion!

16. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Whats wrong with being a bad guy? Woman love Bad Guys!

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hey,Allan. Maybe I'll be out to Hawaii sometime and can see your car. I have an old buddy,who recently moved to Kea'au. My wife has a Lawyer/Cousin who lives in East Honolulu. (she's been out there a few times,before I met her. And says that it's about 20 minutes from Waikiki Beach ) And,I have a half brother,that I've never met,who lives out there,somewhere,too. And...I have never been there,and always wanted to check it out. I haven't looked in my Atlas to see where all of these places are,in conjunction to each other. Some may be on different Islands,for all I know! The only thing thats stopping me from travelling,right now,is that I have a really bad back,from an auto accident a couple years back. And,can NOT sit on a plane that long! When It gets fixed,that will be on our short list of "Things to do,Places to go." I'll wear my "80's Ferrari guy,polyester Leisure suit",some chains,rings,single Diamond earring,loafers,etc...and we can go cruisin' for chicks in the Lambo! Wait a second...hold on a.... "Ouch! Ouch! (sorry,my old lady just saw that and gave me some lumps!) owww!!!! Never mind!

18. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Whenever your out here, look me up. I used to live in Oak Brook. I remember the Oak Brooke Mall. All out doors, Marshall fields, and the Magic Pan restaurant.

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    HEY!!! No kidding! I am just a couple minutes from the Mall. Was there,today,as a matter of fact,at the Sears that's been there forever. Lived in Elmhurst in the 70's. Back to Chicago for a few years,then,back out to the western "burb's from the mid 80's on. Were you out here when Henrici's was there? Good Restaraunt,too. Lots of good restaraunts out here,but,better ones out there,I am sure! As I am a softy for Seafood! My fave!

20. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Gosh, it was so long ago i dont remember. I remember the Oak Brook mall because it was all open and my dad bought me a big wheel that i was driving over the bridges that went over the little ponds. I also remember eating at Magic Pan often. My father owned a used car dealer and repair shop of Fullerton Ave in Chicago.

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Ah,yes,Fullerton Av. I grew up on the West side of Chicago,as a little kid. Moved to Elmhurst when I was 10 (1970). Moved back to the city when I went out on my own at 18. I Had a girlfriend by Fullerton and Central. My Grandfather's shop was at Fullerton and Sacramento. I always sit at Fullerton and The Lake for the Chicago Air Show. (by Lincoln Park Zoo) Then, I moved back out to the Western 'Burbs when I was 26. been here ever since. I miss the "Hustle and Bustle" of the City. But,as we were discussing,do not miss the Traffic,and Parking problems. I am spoiled with the "wide open spaces",out here in the 'Burbs. I like having my "space". If you ever get back out this way to visit. There is an FCA event at The Oakbrook Polo grounds at the end of June. "Bella Macchines D'Italy". An all Italian car show. Mostly Ferrari's. But,quite a few Lambo's,Fiats ,Alfa's,Maserati's,Pantera's even the Pininfarina designed Cadillac Allante'. It's always a good show. Also,you can go over and view some Polo,if desired.