Keeps on comin' back | FerrariChat

Keeps on comin' back

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by trasus, May 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trasus

trasus Rookie

Feb 9, 2004
    Phoenix, Az.
    I keep seeing this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2476739833) car up on ebay, from the same seller. This is at least the 3rd time this car has been up for auction since February. Does anyone know why it keeps coming back? Deadbeat bidders or what? I keep looking for an F355 under $65K and this one is oh-so-tempting. Leaves some extra cash for maintenance, repairs etc. But the repeated auctions worries me. Anyone on Fchat know what's the problem with this vehicle? Thanks.

2. Stolit

Stolit Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    La Habra Heights, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Did it go over the reserve price for the previous auctions?

3. trasus

trasus Rookie

Feb 9, 2004
    Phoenix, Az.
    Yup. I keep watching it, and everytime it makes it to the low-to-mid $50Ks, so that's not the reason.

4. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Reserve not met @$50,100 last time.

5. Stolit

Stolit Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    La Habra Heights, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    It didn't meet the reserve last time? Perhaps the first was a deadbeat bidder and the second simply didn't meet the reserve.

I would call the dealership to see what they have to say about it, though.

6. trasus

trasus Rookie

Feb 9, 2004
    Phoenix, Az.
    When was that? The 2 other auctions I noticed were @ $56K-ish and $53.5K-ish if I remember right. The first time it was up, the seller (Alex) had his reserve @ $47K I think.

7. Stolit

Stolit Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    La Habra Heights, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Interesting. Can you contact the winners of those two auctions?

8. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    It appears that both you and the car are in Phoenix. Why don't you meet the seller and take a look at the car for yourself? It's not often you can do that with an ebay auction!

9. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
  10. stevebmd

stevebmd Rookie

Apr 20, 2004
    Curiously the add states that the reserve is set below 50K, but the bidding is above 50K and the reserve has not been met...hmmmmmm