Haircut. | FerrariChat

Haircut.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by UroTrash, May 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I have not been to a barber since 1980. I cut my own hair.

How much does a haircut cost now a days?

How many F-Chatters get a haircut vs. a "hair style"?

What do you tip?

Do you do any of the other stuff like facials or pedicures? Don't worry, I won't laugh (outloud).

Do you think styling salons smell really bad?

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    In Los Angeles I have been going to a hair cut place for about 6.5 years. It is owned by Henry, Henry, and Henry. (no joke). They are all between 65-75 years old and have owned the store since 1945. They charge me 10 dollars for a fade 1 on the sides and short on top and they don't take tips.

In SF, I pay 18$, tip 2$, at a Korean store.

I am pretty picky with my hair, and don't trust myself to cut it. The SF lady actually washes my hair first, unlike LA, which is a nice touch.

I don't know what a hair style is, I just get a hair cut.

THe places I go to are barber shops, and not places women visit, so there are no foo fee smelling stuff in there.

3. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    i have one place I go to when I keep it cut short, its $25, and I tip them $5. When I keep it longer I go to a particular person at another salon. The haircuts are $25 at the second place but the person I use charges $45 and I tip $5.

In most higher end salons I think there is no difference between a cut and a style. It all includes a wash and they massage my head and shoulders at both places.

One place is a salon for men where the give you free beer while you are getting a haircut. The other place is a salon where mostly women go. They give you free juice or coffee.

4. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    I used to cut my own hair(used the #2 and #3 attachments on the trimmer):)

A buddy of mine opened up a mens only establishment so I go there now. I recommend you try to find one as they are becoming more popular.

I get a package called "the works". Includes: Shampoo, cut, style, manicure, hot towel on the face, shoe shine and the beverage of my choice for $45.00(price higher if you are not a member-membership $100 a month).

No women clientele. No exceptions. There are a couple members only back rooms that consist of a library, a smoking room and a billiards room.

5. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I go to Edwardo in Chicago every 2.5 weeks, it's only a 3 hour drive. It takes 2 hours as he first shampoos me, conditions, cuts each hair individually then finally re-washes, launders my shirt (so the little hairs don't itch on the way home) and applies Awapohi conditioner made from Monkey piss and gel made from Camel ejaculation. Nobody else touches Jerry's hair. He charges $285.00 plus a $55 tip. Sometimes he rubs me the wrong way, I'm not gay but it's Ok that others are. Besides, his stories about his esssscapades are priceless.

6. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler

LMAO!! :)

7. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    THATS what I'm talking about.

8. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Every two weeks...

$9.00 + $1.00 tip for a grand total of $10.00

9. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

I'm moving to Orange Park.

10. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

The best haircut I ever got was at a place in Las Vegas called A Little Off The Top. You should try it if it's still open. The haircut wasn't the best i've ever had, but the haircut experience was the best i've ever had.

11. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    $8 every 3 weeks or so. I almost always go to a barber, I'm not into hair styling. :)

12. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    $8 plus $2 for tip. I used to go to an old fashioned Barber but he increased his prices to $15. A friend of mine told me about getting my hair cut at the Ogle School of Hair Design. (hair collage) I gotta say they do a great job or they wind up with a failing grade.

13. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    i guess we'll see who the metrosexuals are out there on this topic. i used to get a haircut. but my step mom has her own salon and is a hair stylist, so i don't get a haircut anymore, nor go to the barber. i get the full treatment, the shampoo, cut, color, product, and all that jazz, all in one visit. there's the whole massage deal but i usually don't get that because it might be a little weird (the whole step mom thing, and she's only a couple years older than me so...ya). supposedly it'd cost somewhere around $40+ at a salon for the same deal, but since she's the boss i don't pay a thing.

btw tork1966...i'm still laughing, that was good.

14. mrdigital

mrdigital Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Nashville
    Get a flowbe.

15. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I wouldn't have a Flowbee stuck in my ass!

16. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I use to pay $20 in the Bay area with a $5 tip. Since I moved to Hooterville, the same haircut (maybe a bit better) is $12 and I give her a twenty.

Solipsist....The Avatar is great! I grew up with that guy pointing his finger at the mouse with a hammer behind him! I understand you can still buy that plastic stature from the bug company.

17. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I get a haircut once every 6 months or so...In between if I get fed up enough with it I will ask mommy to trim the back for me :)

I hardly "style" my hair. As long as it isnt too scary when I wake up, I just get up and go!

18. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    From where I'm at, it's about $8 for a fade and $15+ for more. I think the last time I went to a barbershop was about 5 years ago. I had a friend cut my hair sometimes; then one day I just decided to cut it myself. I messed up a few times but I just wore a hat when I mess up my haircut. But that was years ago, now I'm a pro at cutting my hair. I can fade and cut the top as well. I was going to video tape this one day, thought it would be intresting to see. :) Will it saved me a lot of money and not having to worry if the barber messing up my hair.

19. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    No Idea,Wife cuts mine makes a mess of it but I don"t care it grows back.

20. FrostCS

FrostCS Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Less work if you just cut it all off. :)
    My tip? Go slow around the ears and eyebrows ;)
    CS

21. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Since the best haircuts I've seen were self-inflicted (after asking a couple of dudes what chop-shop they used), I've taken to do doing the same. Prior to that, 35 bucks for dip, snip & tip (10) for excellent trims & sharing hilarious stories via an exotic beauty a few years my senior. Other than myself, she was the only one I could trust with trimming the fur right.

22. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    About 1/2 of the physicians in my town use flowbees, including myself.

Totally foolproof, no mess and you can do it day or night, which is a real bonus for people with long schedules. Its also nice you can do it very frequently so your hair always looks the same.

I figure if I can take someone's kidney out, I can cut my own hair. I need a little spousal assistance with neck trim/shave.

I had a party some years ago, and 8 raving drunks ended up in the bathroom Flowbeeing their heads. A prescription for disaster? They all looked fine the next day because the stand-off spacers make it drunk-proof.

23. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Actually, you are supposed to stick it in your vacuum cleaner, there lies your likely Flowbee problem...

They should write better instructions.

24. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....thanks Mike! Damn, that was embarrassing.

25. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Thanks. now i have the hiccups.

How much did you guys tip the dealership when you bought your car?

T