My Ferrari! | FerrariChat

My Ferrari!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ryalex, May 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Or, "If I Were The Sultan of Brunei." I've been doodling some sketches the past few weeks of 360's and GTO's to get some inspiration for what should be the next Ferrari, in my opinion. I did this first sketch tonight of my concept for the 420 GTO, and would like to know what you think.

My Idea: 360 Frame. Hood & headlights basically the same. Nose tilted inward like the 3*8/288; large single grill like the 420 concept sketches floating around, but with Challenge grillework inside. CF air splitter on lip.

The biggest changes to the body is the elimination of the diagonal beltline and the re-introduction of the large intake at the top of the door. The hard beltline of the 360 gives way to shapely curves that flow over the car both upwards and outwards like the 288. The large upper intake is back closer to the side of the car, with a sharper opening. The lower intake is similar to the 360's, but moved further back. The 288's 3 gill slits are back, as well as a 'duck tail.' Rear is otherwise very similar to the 360CS, and only available with the open grille. Side mirrors are also similar to the CS.

Drivetrain: well, I didn't draw any of that, but either a 4.2L V8 TT, or a 575 V12 wedged in there if they're not keen on the turbos anymore.

If you like it, perhaps we could get a 'group discount' ordering in bulk. ;-)

NOTE: Before anything is said, I'll note that I took a picture of the sketch and the lens shape distorted the sketch, but I used PS to try and fix that. Secondly, this was totally freehand so please no ragging on my not-so-straight-lines or crappy circles on the tires/wheels. If you want a pro, see the FerrariArtist here, Grant Thomas!

2. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    A clean sheet design is what the Sultan would look for, I think. LOL.

3. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    I've always love to see some of the concepts that some of you come up with on this site.

I believe the new 420 GTO would look less like the second generation as you have here. I would love to see them use the CS 360, but with much more flaired out body..

The 3 air slots would still be on the car to identify it as a GTO, lower ground effects with a F50 type airscope on the front bonet and I would go with the ENZO style doors.

Out of this world.....

Ron

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Thanks Ron. I'm guessing due to the number of views vs. responses, most people are left speechless. ;-) Yeah, that's it...