Ferrari transport | FerrariChat

Ferrari transport

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by DM90F, May 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DM90F

DM90F Rookie

Apr 16, 2004
    I just purchased my first Ferrari (black 348TS). Now I need to get it from St. Louis MO to Seattle, WA.
    I have searched this web site and found plenty of good info and would like recent experiences on transport companies.
    Thanks in advance.

2. FerrariTifoisi#1

FerrariTifoisi#1 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I work for a Ferrari dealer and we use Horseless Carriage. There very good at delivering cars. And i have nothing bad to say about them.

Jason

3. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    "WELCOME" to another 348 owner here in the Northwest/Seattle area! Hope to meet up with you sometime (I'm down towards Tacoma).

4. JusSumFastGi

JusSumFastGi Rookie

Dec 23, 2003
    Hey! That was a fantastic choice of vehicle. :D What year, color? :)

5. DM90F

DM90F Rookie

Apr 16, 2004
    It is a 1990 Black with tan interior.
    Now all I need is a good summer here in the Pacific Northwest.

6. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    Want to see pics when you receive it :) Congrats!

7. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I used Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS). They are very dependable, quite cheap, but fairly slow. Slow may mean a lot when you want to get your new car, but they're great otherwise!

--Matt

8. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I used Passport Transport (http://www.passporttransport.com/) to get my 308 from Orlando to Albuquerque.

One good thing for you about Passport is, if I recall, they're "hub" of operations was in Missouri, so that might help reduce the time of delivery and/or the cost.

EDIT: I just confirmed that Passport's hub is in fact in St. Louis, MO. If you can drop the car off to them at their hub, that will save some significant time and/or cash. Seattle may not be their first stop, though, so it may take some time--figure 10 to 14 days?

9. DM90F

DM90F Rookie

Apr 16, 2004
    Thanks for the info, I requested a bid from them.
    I would like it here yesterday!

10. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Make sure you call them... None of these folks are very good with email, in my experience.

The time spent delivering your car will test your patience some, yes--you really should plan on a week to pick up, and a few weeks to deliver (maybe less, due to good locations for you). But there is no test of your patience like the 1/2 hour it takes to UNLOAD the car, while it's there in front of you!!!

--Mike

11. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Call Fred Kohler at Concours Transport - (702) 361-1928.

His company moved my F40 from NY to Seattle. He is used by a lot of the uber-collectors I know out here in the NW because of his dependability and professionalism, his rates are very competitive, and he has a $500,000 liability umbrella on anything inside the truck until it arrives to you. He is a true "old-school" car enthusiast.

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, let's see I need one from Portland to Houston....

13. DM90F

DM90F Rookie

Apr 16, 2004
    I did receive a quote from Concours Transport and they are very competitive in price. Thanks for the info.