FMoNE Grand Re-Opening May 2nd - any reports? | FerrariChat

FMoNE Grand Re-Opening May 2nd - any reports?

Discussion in 'New England' started by Doody, May 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i wasn't able to attend today - kid stuff popped up. though i very much wanted to.

anybody got any reports? pictures? opinions on the QP? any confirmation of the rumors floating re: Modena and Maranello changes for next summer?

doody.

2. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    No pictures, but I saw the Quattroporte

It is an awesome car. Has a uniquely elegant bearing that no other 4 door has.

The rear passenger area is very nice - there was a LCD screen with inputs (for DVD, video games, etc). I liked the way all the rear passenger seat controls (adjustment, seat A/C, heat, etc) are hidden in the central armrest.

The driver's area definitely looks based on that of the Maser Coupe - except the QP emphasizes "jewelry" (wood, chrome, finish, etc) over sportiness. Very nice nevertheless.

Even though at least a hundred people poked and prodded the car, the trim looked to be robust. And doors closed with a nice solid thunk. Build quality is better in the Maser than recent Mercedes cars that I have driven.

Has all the gadgets and interior appointments one would expect in a car like this - and the same awesome engine (I did not drive the QP) as the Maserati Coupe.

Rear 3/4 visibility looks to be a lot better than the Coupe. Even though the 4 door is larger, it might be easier to maneuver in traffic than the Coupe. I don't know about the Cambiocorsa gearbox in traffic though. I certainly don't like the F1/Cambiocorsa in traffic in any of the cars I have driven.

Even though the Quattroporte uses the same size 18" wheels as the Coupe, the wheels look huge, and clash somewhat with the understated elegance of the rest of the car. Not as bad as the BMW 645, but the wheels definitely add some aggressiveness ("presence" if you will) to the otherwise supremely elegant look.

The trunk did not seem that big - about twice the size of that of the Coupe. Probably good for 2-3 golf bags though.

Apparently, the dealership has already sold 25 cars.
    They will probably sell lots more. This car is going to be a hit

- Jon

3. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey Joseph,
    Thanks for the cool pictures!

Birdman