Anyone watch the Laker game tonight? | FerrariChat

Anyone watch the Laker game tonight?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by F355guy, Apr 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    That was a great game! It was all Kobe!!! Shoots a 3 pointer at the last second to go overtime and then hits a 3 pointer at the last second to win the game!

2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    wasn't that against a non playoff team, maybe golden state? not that impressive considering lakers playing for the western title over sac and they need overtime to beat a scrub team.

ps lets go nets or at least someone from the east. may be pistons year

3. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I'm a lakers fan but I gotta admit that with only 2.7 seconds left in the game I thought it was all over. Kobe pulled that one out of his hat. What surprises me is that with all the stress he must be going through, he is playing great this season. Can you imagine if he didn't have legal probs?

4. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    i live in san antonio and I belive our little team may go pretty far this year,

I think kobe and fisher will cry like a babies this year too!

john

5. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    It was an awesome performance by Kobe, but being a big Pistons fan, I have an inherent dislike for that team. :)

6. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    All the West has to worry about for the Finals is the West. I expect another slaughtering from the West in the Finals.

On a side note, I applauded the Kings Sunday for shutting down Kobe, but being a Laker fan I was more frustrated than anything. Appox to that 3-2 zone!!

7. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    No doubts Lakers going all the way. Who wants to start taking bets :D

Can't wait to go down to LA on May 10th, finally have a TV and watch the NBA playoffs sipping some cold drinks. Man life will be good in a few weeks :)

8. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    It was Portland and it was on the road. Just remember Portland is still a .500 team in the West. .500 gets you into the playoffs in the East. .500 in the West would be a 3 or 4 seed in the East - given that the East is not that strong. So before you call them a scrub team - check the facts. :)

When last did the East even look competitive? You have to go back to Jordan.

Minnesota should be interesting this year.. Can they get out of round 1?

9. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Even if they get out of round one, which I hope they don't, they will get clobbered in round 2. Lakers/San Antonio and Kings will be the teams to watch.

I have my $ on Lakers and SA.

Lakers baby :D

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Hans: East plays Girly Ball.
    Franz: Ja, Hans...

http://www.nba.com/standings/by_conference.html

Boston had a 36-46 record (.439) for 8th spot in the Eastern Playoffs. Ridiculous.

Golden State & Seattle had 37-45 records (.451) & tied for 11th in West. No playoffs for them or the 2 teams that finished 9th & 10th ahead of them (both @ .500 or better) in the He-Man-B-Ball Conference.

11. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    How 'bout them lakers taking a 3-1 commanding lead back to Staples center. Can't wait for them to move on and lay a smackdown on Mr. Soft aka Duncan himself.

Bring it on :D

12. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    Man! What a game! I knew Kobe and the mailman would come through! Although the Lakers should of have won big if Shaq didn't miss all his free throws and Lakers letting Houston have easy open shots. But oh well, they still won. How about those shots Kobe makes?!? He goes right through the defenders as if no one was there. I love watching those difficult shots he makes. Can't wait to see the Lakers fire a Rocket up Houston's ass to end there season! :p

13. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    boy I couldnt belive how badly houston got taken by the lakers, wow its finally good to see a great team really show their stuff. Just watching them take a commanding lead, It was almost a blowout. Why did houston even show up.

if the lakers play like that against the spurs they will be swept in 4. You know it and I know it, so knock it off.

john

14. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
  15. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    what happened? did the lakers win?

john

go spurs!

16. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Put... down... your... weapons!...

As usual, didn't see the game... as highlights suffice.

For some reason I dislike Derek Fisher.
    Does he ever do a post-game locker-room interview after a loss?
    Only seems that he wants to talk after a win. Non-stop.

17. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Wax,

I think D. Fish is one of the most humble guys out there. He truly is an old skool athlete. The guy is very down to earth, very un LA like. He is religious, plays his game, and goes home. He is one of the hardest working hustle players out there. Just my .02.

18. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... ;) heeheehee

If you've seen a skit on Conan O'Brien called Pierre Bernard's Recliner of Rage, you'll get my modifications... imagine this is him talking.

*Introduction by Conan*

Conan speaking seriously) There's a lot of anger in America today, between the war, the uncertain economy, the divisive presidential election?.and we have one person on our staff who is particularly angry -- graphics designer Pierre Bernard. Pierre says he knows how America feels and he's ready to articulate our anger. (cut to shot of youngish black guy, glasses, nice-looking, maybe slightly geeky, in a recliner. Light laughter from audience and Conan). He thought he might as well be comfortable while he does it. Here he is, speaking for all of us.

Intro music: Pierre Bernard's Recliner of Rage (graphic on screen...)

(Cut to full shot of Pierre leaning back in a ratty brown recliner on stage, laughter)

Conan: Hey there Pierre, nice to see you, are you comfortable *and* angry?

Pierre: I?m comfortable and furious, Conan! (light laughter)

Conan: Then go ahead and speak for America, Pierre

Pierre: Okay here goes. There's this team in the NBA called the LA Lakers, who have many well-known players; Shaq, Kobe, The Mailman, Rick Fox, the list goes on. The Mailman came to them, as he knows they could finally put a Championship ring on his finger.

But there's this one player I find extremely annoying, Derek Fisher. Why is it, that of the umpteen locker-room or to a lesser extent, post-game interviews I've seen, the "humble" Fishhead always talks about his individual effort when they win, but never when they lose? Other players may be flashy, LA-types, but at least they're humble enough to talk about how bad they played.

Bottom line America, (sits up in his chair and points his finger at the camera) I think Derek Fisher is guilty of false modesty and I don't like it.

(cheers and applause. perhaps some people are glad he's done)

Conan: Okay, thank you Pierre. I think there are six people out there who know exactly what you are talking about. (laughter)

Pierre: Damn straight Conan, there are.

19. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thanks for that wax. That makes it a bit more clear. ;) I did not know who Conan was (no TV, had to look him up). I find your post to be very intelligent though most of you time they fly over my head. My apologies for the initial misunderstanding. :)

20. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    355-- bite what? lafun do you still want to make a bet??

john

go spurs

21. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #21 LAfun2, May 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    John,

I have nothing against San Antonio, but I hate Tim Duncan. He is the softest player in the nba. He not only doesn't have any "meanness" or any flash, he is a boring player. I know he has skills, and that is not in question. I just don't like the guy.

You guys won on Wed because Parker had a good game. How many more good games will he have? That was the best game of his career. Lakers are going home, and they will get relaxed, and will win 2 at home, and then it will be a series.

I think the defeats are good for them, it is building some much needed character and team chemistry.

Bring it on!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    thats what the losers always say!

we won on wed because LA doesnt have a bench and yall ran out of gas in the fourth, same thing happened on sunday and the same thing will happen this sunday. malone cannot play 40 minutes.

john

23. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Hey I am not arguing with you. We got no bench, and Malone was the worst thing that has happened to the Lakers. We should have gotten PJ Brown or someone else.

Who said we are losers, the series is not ever yet buddy, no need to count your chickens before they even hatch ;)

Just like Malone can't play 40 minutes, Parker can't score 30+ evey night either. We will whip you in the next two games, don't worry. :)

24. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    your quote was
    "Can't wait for them to move on and lay a smackdown on Mr. Soft aka Duncan himself".

does smackdown mean you will lose two games in a row and then blame one of our players, well tony had a great game! that wont happen again, and if tim duncan wasent there we would of won. you will probably say on sunday the refs beat you or some other excuse just like the lakers always do.

will kobe cry this year like he did last year too. thats all I want to know

spurs will sweeeeep in 4 just like I said before!

john

25. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #25 LAfun2, May 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    John,

I know what I said, and I stand by it. That was my hope. Obviously we failed in the first two games. Doesn't mean I am wrong. Series is not over buddy. We will lay a smackdown on Duncan and Parker when you step on to our court. Have no doubts about that. We are not going to roll over and let you go to the Championship that easily. :D

I didn't blame anybody. Tony did have a great game. All I said is, he cannot continue that level of play. He doesn't have that skill. Malone (god I hate him) can score 40 in a game, doesn't mean he can do that all the time. Malone's age doesn't allow him to play at that level. Similarly, Mr. Parker's lack of skill prohibits him from playing 30+ points per game all the time. He had a great game, no doubt, but I am saying he won't continue that.

I am not whining about losing. I said we lost already, but it ain't over yet. As far as refs go, I never complained about that. You don't know what I will say come sunday. :D

If you read what I wrote previously, carefully, you will notice I give props to Duncan. He has great skill, but is a soft player, thus I personally don't like him. That is no knock on him. I feel you are putting words in my mouth, unnecessarily. ;)

Sweep?? As far as sweep goes, you can refer to pictures attached...