s-class vs A8? | FerrariChat

s-class vs A8?

Discussion in 'Other German' started by storminnormin, May 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Which would you get? A 2001 Mercedes S500 sport package 40k miles or 2003 Audi A8 14k miles for about the same price?

2. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    I'd get the S500. I like the way the S drives. I really like the way the sport pack looks on the S500.

3. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    Definitely the S500. I thought M-B was just another car until I bought my first one a little over a year ago. I picked up a used E class and have never regretted it. I have driven several S class and A8 cars, but I yearn for the day when I can upgrade my E to an S class. The space in the rear is just amazing and the reliability of the M-B is just unparalleled I think (off the track it apprears this season).

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I would shoot for a 2001 BMW 750il or a used Audi S8. If you like to DRIVE then that is the way to go.

5. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    I don't know alot about the Audi's and the engine of the A8, but from what I've seen of the latest A8, it's not the most exciting of cars (I've never found the Audis to be particularly inspiring). I'd go with the S500 or, as someone already mentioned, a used 750iL.

Personally my pick would be a used '02 S55 AMG.

6. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Id get the A8 W12 over the S600, IMO the current S looks a bit outdated compared to the Audi and the Maserati entrants. Mercedes makes a mean engine, but with the quality complaints I have been hearing about the current S, and the rumors of a replacement right around the corner, Id choose to wait for the new S or be impatient and spring for the Audi W12.

The few photoshops that have been floating about the net for awhile depict the new Mercedes to be more in line with previous designs, and the Autospies photos show a Maybach influence in exterior and interior design, m guess is that the next S wil be a big hit, and that the Phaeton will have its ass handed to it.