Squids invade the G-Kart Track every other Thursday! | FerrariChat

Squids invade the G-Kart Track every other Thursday!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Cavallino Motors, Apr 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    The INdoor Karting Track in Ft. Lauderdale will be invaded by the Squids and those that want to come every other Thursday. Starting on Thursday the 13th of May.

Check out: www.speedindoorracing.com

We met in a small group yesterday and had a blast!If we get enough guys out there we can make this a Squid Only event and have a track for ourselves!

Meeting is at 7:30pm !!!!

Directions:

I95 to Commercial Blvd go West to Powerline (first light after RR tracks), head north (right) till you see the checkered flags painted on the warehouse on your right (about 500 yards)

Bring your own helmet (full face incl visor) and if you have a neck brace.
    Jeans and T-Shirt okay!

It is FUN guys! Lots of FUN!!!

2. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    thats a great schedule.

3. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    fun track as well. 15min session made me feel like an old man! Was driving like one as well :)

4. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Hey, we are old men if the contusion on my back is any indication! The kids really take to it though as ZZ put in extra sessions and hardly broke a sweat
    so I suggest next time everyone bring the kids out.

The place is a ton of fun and after a 20 minute session, a pretty good work out but if you pass only one Kart the entire time, it's worth it.

Not as bumpy as "regular" tracks where we've run Endurance Karting so at least we dont get beaten up too much. Next time I'm bringing a foam seat insert which should keep me from sliding around so much.

I've already set my goal to get my lap times under 21 seconds next time, my best time was a 21.4 so theres a ways to go especially when you see that the best times are in the 16's.

BHW

5. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I can't imagine that with those carts you can get 16s.

The next day everything was fine with me but Saturday my ribs on the right side were hurting like hell and yesterday my left lower arm is like inop. Today it is coming back but still....what gives?

Endurance....????? I am not sure if I am made for that. You will have to use surgical instruments to pry me off the wheel after 30 min.

6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Yeah, hard to imagine getting into the 16s but according to the read out, the fastest guys that day were there.

I've got an interesting burn mark on my right elbow and the contusion on my
    back is not getting better. Next time I'm definately bringing rib protector and foam seat insert.

Just off the phone with Johan. Endurance Karting had a huge event at Charlotte (Lowes Motor Speedway) and the margin of victory after a six hour race was less than three seconds.

In E.K., you run 15-20 minutes then hand off to your team mates. It's doable if the track surface is smooth but as we saw at Start Racing and Bradenton, those bumps will kill you fast and after a couple of hours each bump is a new adventure in pain.

When we do E.K. at Moroso, I suggest bikini massage girls in the paddock for between stints. It may not help the pains but it wont hurt either!

BHW

7. SoFlaNSX

SoFlaNSX Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Which track were you guys on?? The one to the right (the first one when you go in) is supposed to be the fastest) and the best time I heard from there was a 19.2. And that was from the event coordinator as well as a friend of mine who works there. I was puttin down sub 21 second runs after my first 5 laps...its not that hard if you can master that hair pin turn and if you have a clear track. If you have to pass someone and you're stuck in the turns, forget it.

I never ran the other track, but I got many compliments from the guys working there after the 30 minute session. Even my girlfriend, who I didn't think would be fast at all was running 23.5's and passing almost all the guys on the track!!!

I look forward to coming up there the 13th and meeting some of you!

8. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    We were running on the right side track and, yes, the whole key to that layout is how you handle that Hairpin.

We talked with the manager and he said they could open up the whole
    facility so we could incorporate both tracks into a single layout which sounds
    really fun as well.

BHW

9. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I was running 21s. Best was a 21.4 on the fast track....but then that poor kart has to schlepp 220Lbs around and the 6'4" don't do much for aerodynamics.

Julian,
    see you there?

Marion will be joining us next time around I think.

10. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Reminder:

This Thursday at the Go-Kart track! 7:00pm!!!