Question for Fchat Ebay sellers | FerrariChat

Question for Fchat Ebay sellers

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by WJHMH, May 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  2. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Your kidding, he does not want to pay the $5 ??!?!?!?!?! After the DEAL he got on the shirt?!?!!?!?

It is in your auction clear as day!!!! I think due to ezb rules, you can give the buyer one chance to pay the fee, or you offer it to the next highest bidder, or relist it totally.

Hell, I'll send you $20 for it!!!!

DrS

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i recently put a few things on the auction block and, on one item, the buyer bid right before the auction ended and later on renigged... Which totally pisses me off... If your winning-bid buyer doesn't want to pay for shipping, send that person an email saying that the auction explicitly stated that the buyer pays for shipping and that if said buyer does NOT wish to pay for shipping, your item will go to the next-highest bidder... i try to make all of my emails to potential buyers as professionally-worded as possible so as not to establish any kind of casual or personal friendship with them; this way, if they renig or screw up in any way, i'll make no hesitation in bringing the hammer down... :)

4. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Some history on this shirt. The one & only "JRV" gave me this shirt when I was working at his shop last year. He ordered all large sizes but no XL's, I saved it just in case anyone else needed one. Since I have so much stuff that I really don't need, thought about testing the waters of EBAY.

As for the winner of the auction, I sent him his payment invoice this morning & later is when I get a response. I guess some folks can't understand very simple terms.

5. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Well, re-list it and send me a link and I will buy it.

6. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Have tried to several items on eBay. Race cars - eBay good for publicity, not for selling. Recently tried to sell a pair of Uggs boots (don't ask); winning bidder never responded to repeated e-mails, even though she bid many times on the item. I've had good luck buying from high volume sellers. Go figure.

7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    That's why there's a feedback system. If they don't perform, post negative feedback and relist.

8. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    the buyer of your shirt must pay the $5 shipping fee because it was clearly advertised that the winning bidder pay it.

post negative feedback if the buyer does not successfully complete the transaction.

9. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Ditto -- Why is it "rude" to tell the buyer that "buyer pays for shipping" was clearly stated in the ad?

10. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Absolutely. You could not have stated it more clearly. Its amazing how cheap and whiny people can be. If they back out, leave searing FB.

11. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    I'm quite surprised that someone with a 453 Feedback Score would pull something on a fellow ebay seller. Send a "surely you must have missed this" email with your auction's text embedded. That should elicit an apology from the buyer.

Of course, if it doesn't, zing him good with some choice feedback words... :)

12. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    e-bay doesn't have a corner on the market. I've sold many cars with ads in the paper. Lots of people say they will be over to look at it, get the directions, etc. then never show up. I figure that jerks are just the cost of doing business.

If you want to sell, then you have to put up with jerks. Or, in the case of an automobile, you can take 2,000 - 3,000 less for it and trade it in. That way the dealer gets paid your money for putting up with the jerks.

13. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Be careful with negatrive feedback, the 2 times i used it, they also left negatives for me in a tit-for-tat thing. If I ever do it again it will be on day 89.9 after the auction, just before the option is gone.

These days I just send an invioce, 3 days later send a follow up invioce. Then file a non-paying bidder report so you get the auction fees refunded, then relist

14. model builder

model builder Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Edward Cervo
    If the buyer still complains about the shipping, send him a "non-paying bidder notice" from ebay. If he's pulled this garbage before ebay will threaten to or enforce a suspension.

I've been selling on ebay for 6 years with about 1700 transactions and only had a few bad experiences. But the few I had are just unbeleivable.

Good luck,
    Ed

15. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Thanks for the info guys, I still waiting for him to respond to my E mail.

16. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Just got an Email from him, the issue has been resolved.
    Thanks for everyones advice.

WH