Does this sound like a CS? | FerrariChat

Does this sound like a CS?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by robinh, May 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  2. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    Those gear changes sound sweet.

I can't believe this was recorded a year ago. It seems like it was only yesterday.....

3. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    bugger !!!!

4. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK

Thats brilliant, does not sound anything like a 360 - much more like a combination of Stevetr's testa and Andyhls's 348.. oh and a bit of F40 thrown in there.. great rich sound.

5. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Superb cheers Robin

Dale.

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Did u put the Tubi on Robin?

7. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    That's the standard exhaust - race mode though

8. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Sounds different to Wazza's ....thought Race Mode was for when car had been eased in gently? ! :)

9. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Fantastic sound. I love the slick downshifts with auto throttle blip on that F1 box! Fortunately my manual footwork must get drowned out by your exhaust!

Just a thought... wonder if it would be worth finding a 'semi-pro' cameraman to take on a ride-out one day? Maybe with a driver in a car with the cam properly mounted. He could also do some static camera work with us driving by etc. If we all chipped in it might be worth the cost? What are your thoughts? Anyone have any contacts?

10. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I asked about all of this at the factory. They said it's fine provided the car is upto temperature. There's no reason I can see either as all it seems to do is make the ASR cut in later, stiffens the suspension, opens the exhaust values earlier and makes the gear change quicker. Running in is still down to how the car is driven and while it sounds like I was really giving it some I basically kept the revs below 6k for the best part of the time and didn't give full throttle at all

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Sounds a good idea, but i wonder if it's possible to film properly while the camera's being held manually? Are we any better off getting a suction thingy to hold the camera in place, like Wazza's?

12. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Have watched that video about 20 times already! I want more...!

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Auto Italia looked like a blast... v lucky with weather too.

14. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    I was thinking of a pro or semi-pro setup Tony... whatever that entails. It might cost a few hundred but if say 10 of us split the cost and we all ended up with a 30-60 minute DVD of road driving with pics taken from a camera car (which doesnt have to be moving too fast) and also some drive-bys with the camera static at the side of a decent fast road it might be worth it.

15. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Steve,
    sounds good.I'll be interested.

16. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Unless anyone has any contacts or ideas who we could use and what the cost might be I'll phone around... just checked Yellow Pages and there are lost of listings under 'video services'. I'll try a couple during the week to get an idea of what can be done and the relative cost.

17. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Steve,
    before you go to too much trouble, it might be worth PM'ing Paulnwgb; he's involved in DVD editing , etc and may know someone who can help.Or i can , up to you....

18. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    If you could pm him Tony that would be great, as I don't know Paul.

19. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    That's done, Steve. I've also tried Felix, who does this stuff for a living.

20. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    Stig had a friend with him yesterday who does video work for a living. He worked on some of Jeremy Clarkson's videos.

I'm sure Stig'll chip in in due course...

Richard.

21. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    My mate Paul is totally up for making a video. He has all the skills and equipment to do the editing and I'm working with a friend of mine to write and record some music so we don't get too caught up in the whole copyright thing. Whilst creating the finshed product (ie post production, editing, music, titles, credits, DVD mastering, packaging, etc.) is time consuming, it can be done in a room. What takes more time is assembling the footage to work from. Paul has a single camera (albeit, a good one), but a crew is what is needed.

I suggest we set a date to meet up. Everone who has a camera mount for a car must bring them along with a camera fitted. A couple of camera cars with handheld and/or mounted cameras (preferably big cars with soft suspension), would be good, and if anyone who has a decent fluid head tripod, we can do some decent static panning shots to add contrast.

Some direction would help to make sure we get the maximum amount of useable footage for the time spent recording because the amount of footage you have to discard is shocking if you are not working to a script or a storyboard.

Finally, we need a location. The open road is fine, but if we wanted speed shots, we'd have to start very early in the day to avoid other traffic.

And bear in mind that they say the camera adds twenty pounds, it also removes about 30mph, so it may feel fast in the car, but it will look slow on video, so if you want to get a real impression of speed, we will have to find a venue.....

much to think about, but it can be accomplished for a relatively low cost.......

Needless to say, Im in!!

22. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H