I made it back to Amarillo! Wow 4/29 was great! | FerrariChat

I made it back to Amarillo! Wow 4/29 was great!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Husker, May 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Me and my 348 made it back to Amarillo fine. Ran through a heavy storm at Vernon, but parked in a truck stop, ate some beef jerky, and let the storm pass.

Some thoughts on our great lunch at Champps...

First of all, a BIG thank you to Yoshi for picking me up at the airport in your wonderful 355, and another BIG thanks to Rodney Haas for letting me ride in his beautiful vintage Maserati all the way to Nevada to pick up my car. Quite a treat! Thank you to both of you.

Jim, that white 328 is breath-taking. First white Ferrari I've seen up close and it's something special.

Rob, your 328 was a pleasure to look at, too. Very nice condition.

Nick's 355 is in outstanding overall condition and I can't believe your fiance doesn't like spiders. I might recommend a brain MRI on her prior to the nuptials to insure that things are working properly.

Brian's 360 is one smoking hot car. That stone guard stuff is a darn good idea. And those seats are quite cool, too.

That Lambo that Jonathan showed up in was a sight to behold, too. It was cool to see it side-by-side with Brian's. These two cars have a lot of visual similarities when you really look, though the Lambo is much more "angular".

Will, I enjoyed our visit over lunch. I hope you can find the "right" carbed car. With all of the Adkin's diet craze, you should be able to pick up a carbed model rather inexpensively, don't you think? !!

Thank you everyone for sharing your time and of course your cars. I hope we can meet up again, soon.

Take care and God Bless.

Collin

2. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Collin,

Glad you made it back safe and sound. Let us know if you plan on coming back to the Big D anytime soon. Dont forget about the great drive south of I-10 towards Ft Davis. Maybe we can plan a road trip sometime. (hint, hint)

Nick

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Collin, it was great to meet you. I’m glad you made it ok, That was one mean storm that hit Texas. We were all wondering if made the journey ok.

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I've actually been wondering about your drive for a couple of days, and was going to post the question this morning. Glad you made it back trouble free! Was Nevada everything I told you it was? :)

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Great meeting you Collin, you'll have to come back or vice versa.

6. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Glad to be of help. See u in West Texas some time.

Rodney

7. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    Collin,

It was great to meet you. I think we all had a great time at lunch that day....Any excuse to break the car out of the garage is a good excuse..

Look forward to seeing you at our next event. Would it be possible for you to come down for the FCA Poker Run on May 22nd....

Jonathan Peck
    Lamborghini Dallas / DJ's Transportation

8. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    It was very nice to meeting you, too, Collin.

I'm glad you had a good time here. Looking forward to see you again!