Did Anyone Make It To The Mitty??? | FerrariChat

Did Anyone Make It To The Mitty???

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Ski Guy 348, May 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ski Guy 348

Ski Guy 348 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    Did any of you guys go to the Walter Mitty last weekend? If so, how was it? I had planned to go, however, the weather "scared" me away!!!! Maybe next year!!!!!!!!!

2. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    The weather was WET but a few peolpe made it. We stayed and GUSSED WRONG ffor Sunday and went home, should have stayed the weather Sunday was great. We will post pictures as soon as I have time. We will add this ecvent to our annual calender for sure!

3. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    I was there both days. The weather kind of ruined it. Most owners of high buck historics aren't too crazy about taking them out in a monsoon, so it was kind of dull. I left Sunday after the BOSS race.

Still, I'll try it again next year if the weather is better.

4. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Like you I didn't go either....I was checking the Radar constantly on friday and even saturday morning but there was too much green stuff. Maybe next year! or Petit Lemans.

5. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Yea, it did rain most of the morning. Later on it got good though. Here's a vid from the morning starring me, and the lone car on the track, F355 Challenge fading away downt he back straight for those who missed it. I'm just sittin there cause it was sprinklin and my dumbass forgot an umbrella lol...
    http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4173889723

enjoy! I still had fun. I think it was worth it just seein the Historic GT cars and the GTP/ Group C cars run! Another vid or two later maybe :)
    - Andy

6. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Yep, I made it out there on Sunday. It did rain a little, but cleared up at 1:00. After that the cars were running hard! Attendence was way down, and all the vendors were not pleased with the turnout. However, I had fun. I have not missed a Mitty in 17 years!