Car cover recommendations | FerrariChat

Car cover recommendations

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by fasthound, May 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fasthound

fasthound Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 23, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    OK, I know you will all cringe, but I park my F355 OUTSIDE and am looking for a car cover for it. I have used Noah covers on other cars (OK performance, but not great) and have just tried a WeatherShield cover (which is lousy in my opinion - I'm returning it).

I'm surprised that no one makes (or at least I can't find) a goretex type cover - truly water proof yet fully breathable. I don't mind a heavy cover as long as it truly protects the cars finish. The WeatherShield cover was not only not very water resistant, it totally hazed the wax.

I'm using the standard Ferrari satin/polyester dust cover for now...it does let the rain and dust through, but it is very gentle on the finish and has yet to leave nasty water spots or haze the wax.

Does anyone have any recommendations for car cover type/manufacturer for outdoor storage?

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I have benn very happy with Cover Craft's products. You can find them here: www.covercraft.com.

3. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Kevin, I have the same question. When I travel with the car, I'd like to cover it during overnight stops to make it a little less conspicuous. The bright red factory cover with the huge Cavallino doesn't serve that purpose very well.

4. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Well I ordered a custom made one for my 355 from here:

http://www.carcoversuk.com/

Look under the 'materials' heading, and the one for outdoor use is the WebFlex item.

Has had very good reviews in the motoring press.

Regards
    Eric

ps, check the Launch Covers heading - looks like they have done some stuff for Ferrari launches at some point.

5. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    The best outside cover I have found with regard to fit and water resistance is Coverking's Stormshield fabric. 800/268-3754 or 714/850-0828