Ferrari 250 competition, J. Pourret book | FerrariChat

Ferrari 250 competition, J. Pourret book

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by tomgt, May 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Just bought this book for 100 dollars.
    1987 English editon. Condition: VG+. Fair price I think. Saw them at Amazon for 350 dollars!
    Is this a good book?

2. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's a classic. You get a steal.

3. jpl

jpl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Yulee Florida
    Full Name:
    JP Lavigne
    Excellent book. Are they really going for $350.00 now?

4. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    you got yourself a marvellous book... mine set me back 150 canadian... with the current exchange rate thats about the same a you... (i feel better now... i was getting worried about the shop i frequent... i just got ripped off by the same store for another book - 'Ferrari' by Hans Tanner and Doug Nye 6th edition... a marvellous book too but for $200CAN!! Now that i frequent ebay (highly recommend it for F-books) the same thing can be had for HALF that...)

as for Jess Pourret's 250 book this link should alay any fears...
    http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac=sl&st=sl&qi=7x2v9wrBbi8Ry,wq6V6nqXyfQrM_2228014851_2:45:172

this link shows it for 80-100Eur if my French is accurate...
    http://www.editions-palmier.fr/Librairie/Tri-par-marques/Marques-italiennes/Ferrari/Ferrari-pages/250-et-275.htm
    this must be the first edition (pictured first below)
    mine has a different cover with a closeup of the drivers' side headlight of a GTO with yellow title-type.. and with crossbar on the lower right corner reading NEW EDITION.(i dont have a digital camera... so my verbose description will have to do..) This was 1987. I think the other was 1977.

Just out of curiosity...which do you have?
    Anyways... congrats and enjoy the book... i know i do...

GT

5. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    oop,,, forgot to attatch the pic... this is the first edition...
    GT

6. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    oops again... gee it must be getting late...
    that first bookfinder link is a search result, that as i just found out, expires after an hour... first time i've seen THAT... anyways... the link takes you to the home page and just do a search for Jess Pourret and click on the appropriate book....

GT

7. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    What about the Ferrari 365 GTB/4 book, autors Roush and Braden. Is this THE book about the 365 GTB? Many pictures of the development or build? Racing chapter?

8. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    Excellent book... i just picked this up from ebay less than a month ago...
    been looking for it for years...

be EXTRA careful about price for this sucker... it makes the chart for Nortel look steady....
    to see what i mean: use the bookfinder link above and you'll see prices far above 200US , i picked up mine at this ebay for 178CAN (129US)...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4202913071

at the time, a good deal - and still is - ... until this came up 2 weeks later:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7900872016

$26US!!!!!!!! AAARRRRRRRGHHHHH!!!! .... i tried to snag it REAL cheap and flip it and try to make some $$$$ ... i was outbid at the last 15sec...

As for the book itself... still in middle of reading it.. but wonderfully written. These guys obviously knew intimately what they were writing about... delves into the history, concept, design, production, racing exploits, ownership and maintenance, handling... the whole 9 yards... for a book that is not really that big - 8.5 x 11 inches and around 200 pages - you learn more about the Daytona from this book than any 3 others combined. Probably why it is so rare. The writing style is knowledgeable but (suprisingly) humerous in some places... not something i'm used to with Ferrari books.
    For example... the car due to its weight and high power is easy to get sideways in a fast turn... when that happens (this is from memory - i'm at work right now... "hold on tight to the wheel with both hands.. and it's too late to put on the seatbelt."

anyways... good luck on finding one... HIGHLY recommend it...
    keep a search on ebay for "pat braden" or "gerald roush" .. one seems to pop up every now and then....

GT

9. Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    For me and much of other peoples it's a bible Ferrari 250 GT Competition of Jess G.Pourret. Mine it's the second French edition I think that I would never separate some, moreover I made it sign by full peoples : Jean Blaton alias "Beurlys", David Piper, Jean Sage, Paul Pappalardo, Patrick Tambay, Gerard Larrousse, Nick Mason.

10. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
  11. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name: