'00 Porsche Carrera Cab-- good deal? | FerrariChat

'00 Porsche Carrera Cab-- good deal?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by KennyH, May 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Just got a call from my best family friend who is in the market for a Carrera Cab for the summer, tell me what you think of this deal:

-2000 Porsche Carrera Cabriolet (not a C4), Silver exterior, red interior, stick
    -15k miles
    -Hard top and soft top
    -Sold, serviced and being resold at an authorized Porsche dealership in Texas with all of the records to back it up
    -Absolute pristine showroom condition

$49k

Question 1: Is that a good deal for that car? What do you think?

Now, they're trying to tag on a factory authorized extended warranty good at any Pcar dealership in the country- 5 years, 50k miles for $4k.

Question 2: Is the extended warranty worth it? Has anyone had any experience with them in the past?

Question 3: Any known problems with the 2000 Carrera Cabriolet?

Any and all help is appreciated! Will post this at a Porsche site to get there input also- figured alot of you guys owned one before moving on :))) to your Ferraris.

-Kenny
    [email protected]

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i had a 2001 C2 Cab. i LOVED it except that it was quite underpowered.

the 1999s had known serious engine failure problems (coolant would leak into the oil system, etc.) but they were pretty much fixed up by 2000. make damn sure it isn't a 1999 being peddled as a 2000.

these things depreciate like rocks through wet paper bags. $90K new in 2000 selling for $49K in 2004 smells possible.

fyi - the hard top was standard equipment, although there was some minor savings by deleting it. remember, p-cars are all about the crazy options process.

silver/red is NOT a desirable color combo. porsche buyers are different than ferrari buyers :). it's a resale liability.

no clue on their extended warranties.

g/l

doody.

3. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Looks like he's getting a 2001 Cabriolet, black/dark grey (almost black)- same options except chrome factory wheels (18inch) for $500 more then the car in Texas-- not bad at all!

Picture here:

http://www.csimotor.com/carpics/204102.JPG

Thanks guys!