Oxygen Sensors '96 355 | FerrariChat

Oxygen Sensors '96 355

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by delaney, May 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    Are these only obtainable via a main dealer .. or is there a less expensive option?

2. redjeeper

redjeeper Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Flowood, MS
    Full Name:
    Anthony Griffin
    Have you taken them to a local parts house and let them cross reference them. See if they can match it physically instead of saying that it is for a Ferrari.

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Peter -- Are there any manf/PN markings on the body of the O2 sensor (e.g., Bosch and a 10-digit Bosch PN)?

4. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi,The sensor wont be the problem,the connector may be or maybe not,im sure this is not a dealer component,it will cross refrance into somthing else,
    good parts chap will help you here,

cheers
    Dale.

5. ROCKY1634

ROCKY1634 Karting

Nov 12, 2003
    you do not have to buy them from the dealer, look on the internet under Bosch oxygen sensors to find the correct numbers for the sensors, there are two numbers, one for the sensor b4 the cat and another for the sensor after the cat. the other option you hav is to buy the sensor with the ferrari connector already on, or you can get the universal type sensor which you will have to splice to the existing connector. there is an approx. saving of 50 per sensor if you go with the universal sensor. most part stores carry Bosch sensors. I purchased mine from Auto Zone.
    let me know if you need the Bosch numbers as I just purchased 4 for my 1997 355.

6. malibumk

malibumk Karting

May 14, 2002
    Malibu, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Klein
    These things are generic 2 wire and 3 wire (heated) devices. The generic versions are cheaper than Bosch and come with pig tails....you'll have to splice on your connectors from the old ones....need a soldered, and high-temp insulated splice. The cheapest I've found were about $45 each.

7. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    Rocky ... I'd sure appreciate those numbers ... how much for the 4? Mines a '96 355.

Pete

8. ROCKY1634

ROCKY1634 Karting

Nov 12, 2003
    the bosch part numbers are;
    15738 after cat., universal type
    13820 after cat., oe type
    15727 b4 cat., universal type
    13309 b4 cat., oe type

the oe type cost me approx. 130 each
    the universal type cost approx. 60 to 70 each

i went with the oe type as they were out of the universal types.(oe types have new connectors so you don't have to splice the sensors to your old connectors)

good luck
    rocky

9. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Can you post the numbers for the 95 F355 also both oxygen sensor and thermocouple.

10. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    Forgot to mention ... the thermocouple also needs replacing.

Is this a BOSCH part also?

Regards & thanks for the tips.

11. Dr_ferrari

Dr_ferrari Formula 3
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 2, 2003
    Pocono Sportscar
    Full Name:
    Jim McGee
    thermocouple is not bosch....unfortunatly.

regards, jim

12. ROCKY1634

ROCKY1634 Karting

Nov 12, 2003
    are you sure the thermocouple is bad? if you are getting a slow down light the problem could be the cat ecu (this cost approx 225 dollars. the thermocouple plugs into this ecu, there are two of them. the new, improved ecu uses a green semi potting material as compared to the original potting which is black and hard.

13. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    I've got the green ones now too.. they look rock solid - I doubt any moisture can get in these babies. the old ones had a gap between the side and back covers.
    Ade

14. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    No slow down light .. but took it to the main dealer and they said an O2 sensor was out and also 1 thermocouple. Apparently the latter (old ones) were prone to cracking and then a bit of moisture would wreck the thing.