360 Front Sway Bar | FerrariChat

360 Front Sway Bar

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by PCH, May 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Has anyone replaced their stock sway bar with an adjustable Challange or Stradale sway bar?

2. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    The 360 Challenge does not have an adjustable anti roll bar. (Major down side compared to Porsche GT3).

There are two sizes available, 19mm and 21mm. The 19mm is the standard fit. The 21mm is 47% stiffer than the 19. To change between the two takes about 15 minutes, or a bit less with lots of practice. You need to have the correct bushes for each bar ready to go.

The only bit that's adjustable are the drop links, which you set to correct length after corner weighting.

The rear is 22mm and no options are available.

3. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Have you replaced yours with the 21mm?
    I've read that the Stradale uses a larger dia. rear bar however my tech. advises me there is no additional room for this in the 360.

4. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    I run a few 360C's and change between the two sizes for different tracks/drivers/cars.

5. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Phil, What is the stock size of the 360? What's your feeling regarding fitting the Challange front bar to the 360?

6. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Not sure of stock size.

You'd gain more from an aggressive set up, before changing roll bars. Put on some negative camber at the front and lower the whole thing a bit. There's plenty of threads with set up advise from me and others.

7. SED

SED Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Standard is 19mm front and 22,5mm in rear. The Novitec Rosso anti sway bar kit ist stronger than the standard one (22mm in front and 26mm in rear).

http://novitecrosso.com/

/SED

8. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Unable to open novitec site.
    My tech. told me that its not possible to fit a larger dia. rear sway bar in the 360 as it goes through the chassis and there is no additional room.

9. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    No. The rear chassis rail can accept a bar much bigger if required, you just need to replace the bushes, which are loctited into the rail and hard to get out.

You really don't need to put big anti roll bars in them though....you'll just end up lifting wheels, making the ABS go off too early and having dreadful traction.

Control the roll initially with a stiffer spring/shock package. Trim the balance with the ARB.

10. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Thanks for all your help Phil. It's my intension to replace my stock springs and rear sway bar with Stradale parts along with height/alignment specs. Unfortunately these parts are a bit difficult to come by at this time. I expect parts will 'free up' after production of the CS is completed.

11. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Springs are available for about $100 each from any number of sources. The titanium springs aspect is worth a little, but not enough to spend the extra in my opinion.

12. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    I would like to find out how much that extra is. And, with regard to other sources are they available with the same spring rate, (whatever that is) as the Stradale? I've read their 20% stiffer over stock but don't have any no.'s to work with. Also, still trying to find out if the shocks in the Stradale are specific or the same as the 360.