What Exhaust Is This? | FerrariChat

What Exhaust Is This?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by banduga, May 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. banduga

banduga Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hong Kong
    #1 banduga, May 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just bought my first Ferrari, a '00 360, and it came with this exhaust. I have no idea what it is, as it looks nothing like the Tubis or Capristos I see on the internet. My car dealer swears its a Tubi, but I haven't seen a Tubi with this split box design.

Can anyone tell me? BTW - It seems like its made out of titanium because of the colouration. Oh, and I apologise for only having pics taken at night!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    I know little on this subject, but it looks like a disaster to me! :(

John

3. banduga

banduga Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Huh? Oh...

Actually, the way it looks is more a result of taking the picture in darkness with a flash. The finish doesn't look like that grey-spackled crap in the picture. Its chromed just like any other exhaust I've seen in a 360.

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    http://www.scuderiasystems.com/products/M-Products.htm

Your exhaust doesn't look like it's a Tubi to me. See the above link and click on "360" for a comparison.As for discolouration , i think that's just a result of the heat the exhaust generates. Check back with the dealer.

5. Brandi

Brandi Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Milano, Italy
    At least... it sounds cool?!?

6. banduga

banduga Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hong Kong
    You guys are killing me! OKOK... I'll get a picture shot in the DAYTIME for you...

BTW, yes, it does sound cool!

7. banduga

banduga Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Just a quick update, and you guys are right... That exhaust is a locally made piece of crap...

I looked more carefully at it, and after some discussion with people in the know, this is the conclusion we came to.

Ah well... I guess this is what happens when you're a Ferrari newbie. :(

8. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Go back to the selling dealer and get some £ back or have him fit a real Tubi at his cost.

9. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Did the seller tell you it was a Tubi? If not, there's not much you can do on that front.

If you are dissapointed, then buy a different one! Otherwise, just enjoy. :)

10. GTO84

GTO84 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    It's stainless. Thats why it's that brownish color. It looks like it should flow pretty good.

11. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    hey go for the tubi then..and test pipes man. then..you'll have the baddest 360 in HK.. all you need to do is get sunglasses and drive around with them on...at night! :D

12. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    YEAH..THERE'S NO WAY THAT IS A TUBI, ANSA OR CAPRISTO. I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN SUCH AN EXHAUST ON A FERRARI...IF THE DEALER TOLD YOU IT WAS A TUBI, YOU NEED TO GO BACK THERE AND TELL HIM TO INSTALL A REAL TUBI AT HIS LOSS...AND BE FIRM ABOUT IT.