what happened to JUNE CLEAVER? | FerrariChat

what happened to JUNE CLEAVER?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by racerx, May 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Watched nightline last night and had read the stories online about the scumbags in the US army who ran the prisons in baghdad. Of the pictures featured on nightline 2 of the 3 people enjoying themselves humiliating and torturing the pow's were female.
    This gives new meaning to the old insult "your mother wears army boots". Now she wears army boots and enjoys sadistically torturing other humans. What lousy upbringing produces such scum that enjoy giving others such pain and misery?
    Thanks to these phuckers our country looks like a piece of hypocritical ****. And 10 years from now when it is found out that these photos were the motivation for the next osama to devote his life to destroying the great satan, we can thank them again. These lowlifes better find their way to leavenworth along with their gutless, slacker officer supervisors. WTF is wrong with the idiots running that operation? 1 years worth of screw-ups in iraq.
    T

2. redjeeper

redjeeper Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Flowood, MS
    Full Name:
    Anthony Griffin
    RacerX, I don't condone what they did, but what about when THEY capture, torture and kill OUR soldiers. How does that make you feel. You know everyone in America says what is right and wrong but we are not the ones over there getting shot at everyday or leaving our families with no idea if we may ever see them again in one peace. Keep this in mind when you are badmouthing our soldiers.

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I think the Commander in Chief is going to discipline them personally :) If they dont get court martialed or a tour of Levenworth they will be lucky

4. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    You are kind of missing the point here. part of this thing is the US taking the High moral ground of "we Don't play that way" and the Geneva Convention, Remember how bent out of shape people got over the Jessica Lynch thing? well this will do nothing to add anything but the Arab world looking at the US as nothing but a bunch of Hypocrites. And according to John McCain on the today show the DOD knew of this crap back in January and has been doing spin control preparations but have not informed their Senate oversite that this was going to hit.... There are some pissed off people in Washington right now.

5. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    AGREED!!

Maybe I'm naive and old fashioned but I want badly for us to have the high moral ground. We should be better than this even if they are barbarians. (Heaven help the next poor GI that is captured by them, I'm sure they have much better torture techniques than we do. )

I think the president should address the Iraqi people directly, saying this is not what America is about, and the perps will be very publicly imprisoned for a very long time. That we don't tolerate this and will persue the offenders vigorously.

Yes, we need the high ground.

6. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Sorry, but you are missing the point. Those people who have been trained to fight for our freedom and who wear the American flag on their uniform which represents thousands of honorable SOLDIERS who have fought in many wars are having their noble efforts, courage and bravery, denegrated by a group of people who no longer have the right or the honor to be called "Soldiers".

I and the other's on this board aren't badmouting the 99.9% of honorable and heroic soldiers. We are badmouthing a group of people that are no more honorable than Saddam's Republican Guard.

Your stupid idea that because our people are being tortured and mistreated gives us the right to do the same basically enforces the INCORRECT notion by Arabs that Saddam and his cruel henchmen and merely been replaced by George W. and his cruel henchmen.

They see no difference and now more than ever hate us ever more.

And some of you wonder why the hell Arabs hate us!!!!!

I think we should have these people (please don't call them soldiers) tried under current Iraqi law since the violation was commited in Iraq. Since they chose to act like Saddam's people we should try them that way. Some of them would be coming home missing some fingers, maybe an ear or two, or possibly some toes.

We preach all this **** about the Geneva convention but then do this???????

It's a slap in the face of the true SOLDIERS IN THIS WAR!!

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

7. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Yes it would be the required gesture but have little postive effect.

The Arab world doesn't get it's news from CNN/CBS/ABC/NBC or any other Western outlet and let's face it they have the same view of these outlets as we do of al-Jazeera.

The damage has been done.

Regards,

Jon

8. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Yup, thats it. I wish I could write like that.

9. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    So you're a believer in "2 wrongs make a right theory"? As far as the soldiers over there or anywhere - the last time i checked it was an all volunteer force. You know when i used to watch c-span around gulf war I, afghan, this one, and all other skirmishes some people would call up and complain about someone they knew in the military that might be put in harms way. Give me a break!! The army and the national guard are not trade schools, part time jobs, or obediance schools for latch-key kids. It is serious business and their business is DEATH. Any american can voice their opinion about this but without touching on it again i will say this- I volunteered, earned, and took the oath for USMC OCS. I knew the consequences od my action as my heart was pounding a mile a minute while i swore the oath with my hand on a bible. As far as how i feel about the deaths like draggings of black hawk down till now I am pissed, but not surprised when you look at those cultures. But i am better than that and i expect my fellow americans to be BETTER than those 3rd world scumbags!!!!!!!!!!!!

The strategy and execution of the action since May 1 2003, has been a disaster!
    T

10. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    At least you can't blame this on the gays.

It would be 'instructive' to learn of the soldiers religious affiliations who performed these heinous acts.

11. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Onward Christian soldiers?

12. redjeeper

redjeeper Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Flowood, MS
    Full Name:
    Anthony Griffin
    Well excuse the hell out of me. First of all, if you had read my statement, you would see that I said that I don't condone this type of behavior. What I find odd is that when the press says that they treat Americans inhumanely, we just say that this is just the handiwork of a few people. When it come down to a few of OURS doing it, it is considered the whole military in the world's eyes. Quite the double standard, don't you think.