A few new dates for your F calendar | FerrariChat

A few new dates for your F calendar

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Feb 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just got the latest FCA newsletter, which had some new dates we haven't heard of yet. So mark your (Ferrari) calendars:

- May 23 is the LFSC new house opening party at 990 N. Shore Drive in Lake Bluff

- June 13 is the FCA party at the Fribergs in Winnetka

The Friberg's party is one cool event. Enjoyed it tremendously last year. Unfortunately they put it square on the Sunday of the Canadian GP.
    :(
    There are only three Sundays per year one should not have an event in the middle of: Brazilian, US and Canadian GP. They picked one of these, darn. What's a Tifosi to do??? Should I stay or should I go???

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'm sure that they'll have it on TV there.

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well, first of all watching a GP to me is a holy event. NO disturbances whatsoever please. The world around me stops to exist for those two hours. So watching it at a party is like having the Rolling Stones perform at a funeral.

Second this might be the last time we have the Canadian GP and so I'm even considering going to Montreal.

Just a bad pick of a weekend date IMHO.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Really? They might discontinue the Canadian GP? Why? Just not enough attendence?

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You haven't heard? They almost cancelled it for this year and only a last minute guarantee by the Canadian govt for $$$ brought it back on the calendar. But this might be the curtain call.

Bernie wants to expand into new territories (read Asia and Middle East) where tobacco advertisements are welcome.

I love Montreal, have been to the GP there once and am currently thinking about going there. IMHO it is a LOT better than the USGP. MUCH nicer town nearby and a real race track.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Was that due to poor attendence? (meaning their lack of Love for the Sport?):( I'm sure that there are alot of F1 fans there,as here. But,was it just not enough to make it 'profitable'? Or,to even,'Break Even'?

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    No. Canada normally sells out. Tobacco ban. So Bernie's argument is, we will loose sponsor money. If you ban tobacco advertisements, you have to make up for it in a special fee.

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Oh,eh. How about Molson and Labatt's? eh. :) Can they use Liquor (Beer) advertising in Canada,eh? (Yes,already see those plastered all over everything in Canada)

9. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Since finally joining "the club" and buying my car (this past summer), I find myself planning my schedule around car events (even more than before)!
    The recent issue of the FCA newsletter just added all sorts of events to my calendar!
    Its going to be a great year in Chicago!
    Anyone going to the Brian Redman challenge?

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I know what you mean. My social calendar has all kinds of Ferrari related events. And guess what? There are more to come...Stay tuned.

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
  12. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Spike308 asked, "Anyone going to the Brian Redman challenge?"

I usually try to get up there for the BRIC, but as usual I have to play it by ear. All of last season I only made it to the fall event, it was quite enjoyable also. I took the minivan though, hauled one of the old bikes up there to get around the track.

13. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    The Friberg's bash is always a good one, there are many people that we don't normally see at the regular F-club events. Always a good conversation to be found.

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I totally agree which is why it bothers me, that they chose the Canadian GP weekend. Pick any other GP weekend if you have to where the race is in the morning.

Sorry, but I will be a no show at the Fribergs this year, which is really my loss.

15. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
  16. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Probably not Frank.

I've attended every one of Jan and Inger's parties, 'ceptin last year', and they've never had th TV on.

17. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    What a shame the off topic threads are. The most popular one is the bikini thread at the moment. I do not understand the mentality of some of my fellow man out there. Show one ounce of skin and their mentality turns into the same sort of mush my dog has when I throw a tennis ball. Despite flab hanging out of these girls bellys, fake blonde hair that looks like it was chemically treated in Gary, Indiana, tats and belly rings that make them look like they got hit by charm store shrapnel, and plain faces: throw them into some little bikini and the wrong head starts to think. Then take pics of them washing some beat up Ferrari in some player dude's front yard? Ugh...

If we were to do something like Vegas, which we intend to get our lady friends involved, how about a fund raiser of men vs the gals at go-karting. Or take our wives, girlfriends, favorite daughters out to a nice outdoor cafe in our Ferraris and surprise them with some roses.

To me, what would take attraction to the infinite power would be sitting in a 250 GTO in Milan going shopping and looking to the driver seat to see a Versace clad Nicole Kidman. How about going to some Californian wine tasting picnic at sunset with Brooke Burke in the passenger seat of your Daytona spyder?

Ferraris are all about class. Women are like that but way beyond what the heart and eyes can see. Its so tasteless to see these stupid threads and hoochies washing cars. Are these the same people who think the movie Armageddon was very dramatic and that Cobra and Lambo kit cars should be parked next to the real ones at auto shows? Complete lack of taste.

Are any of the dedicated Fchat members going to the LFSC open house?

RocketBoy

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I hear you buddy. Just for the record, I liked Armageddon, but I'm an incurable space addict.

Anyway, did you see the (very stupid) movie "Charlie's Angels 2"? Ferrari Spa flew in an Enzo from Italy for a 10 second scene with a Bikini wearing Demi Moore. After the shoot the car went back on a plane to Italy. Ferrari doesn't do advertisements, but rather product placement. They knew about the scene and that's why they sent the car. So in essence you could argue Ferrari supports Bikini pictures and threads (although Demi looks a bit better than most of the girls in the threads you refer to). So maybe you're barking up the wrong tree? Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi?
    :)

I liked your idea about the roses though. That is classy, no question. As is Nicole Kidman in a Versace in Milan sipping espresso.

To answer your other question: I'm going to LFSC.

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I have pretty much kept my FChat visiting to our Local one. Too much Crap and BS on the National Sites. Droll,Boring,meaningless,off topic,stupid,etc...etc...etc...

But,speaking of Crap....I saw a commercial today for "That 70's Show" for tonite. And,they show the Foreign Exchange Student,"Fez" trying to pick up a girl,and saying that his name is "Fez....Fez Ferrari...." I wouldn't be surprised if someone makes a whole thread about it in off topic,or something,with 4 pages of replies....

20. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    More importantly....
    the other day the re-run of the Simpsons where McBain (AKA Schwartzeneggar) is driving his F40 and gets rear-ended... gets out and says the ever classic line...

"OOOOHHHH, My Ferrari!
    I had to do such AWFUL things to pay for her!"

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I have a video tape from "The Osbournes" when Ozzy and the whole family were riding in a Limo/Mini Bus through Beverly Hills. Ozzy is talking to Jack and Kelly,then,stops all of a sudden,gets up,points out the window,and says "Look! A Red Ferrari!!!" pretty funny.

22. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Frankly Frank, I think you're doing what you just decried in your previous post. :)

Re:

23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Exactly!!! :) You don't "Skip" a beat!!! :)

(BTW...I did that intentionally to prove my point,Skip. Glad to see that you "Got it". :) )

24. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    It's a four tan leather clad seat F40 of all things. You could barely fit golf clubs in a 575 (unless you want to sacrifice a passenger.) Multiple sets in the H2 have to be stacked kind of funny in the rear storage area. In that episode its resting only on one of the rear seats. Were his clubs made by Little Tykes?

I've noticed some other Ferrari moments on TV lately...

During a biz trip and while comming back to the hotel late one evening, on TBS or TNT, some cable channel was the old action show Hunter. In this episode one of the police gals flails her arms in the air in a surrender of effort once one of the bad guys drives away in a Porsche 928S4. She cries, " What can keep up with a Porsche?" Next scene she blocks off the bad guy into the shoulder in a 308. Growing up I remember the 928 having more performance, just not the looks of a 3x8.

One show in Miami Vice, Crockett and Tubbs got into a huge shoot out after a chase in their white TR. I think they caught on as one funny scene after the shooting was over, Crockett walked beside the TR and inspected the driver side for holes giving a huge sigh of relief once none were found.

I will zip up to LFSC on Sunday weather pending. Do we need to call in and what time is it at again? Is anyone planning on having some local cruising around their town?

RocketBoy

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Rocketboy, remind me about the Ferraris in movies. I have a nice collection of scenes. We had them in the background at last year's X-mas party in Batavia.