Never buy gas again!!???!!! | FerrariChat

Never buy gas again!!???!!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Nuvolari, Nov 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Check this product out:

http://www.bb4n.org/?axel=49

It is the missing piece in my puzzle.

Fuel Saver 27%
    Spark Plugs 10%
    Muffler 10%
    Pulleys 5%
    Tornado 23%
    K&N 7%
    Synthetic Lube 8%
    Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge 6%
    Spoilers/Wings 3%
    Wax Job 1%
    Total = 100% fuel savings

I am now at 100% efficiency, and never have to stop for gas!! The miracle of science. Any more fuel efficient mods and I'll have to stop and take some gas out.

P.S. I did borrow this post from another forum but it was too good to pass up.

2. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    That's pretty funny. Sounds like wacky science to me......

How does a K&N filter save gas? It increases intake airflow which actually increases vehicle drag.

A spolier/wing does not make a car anymore efficient either - it adds weight and parasitic drag when set up to provide zero downforce, and it ads weight, parasitic drag, and induced drag when set up to provide downforce. The only time a "spoiler" may help is if it is designed such that it reduces the amount of base drag at the back of the car, but even then it adds weight and parasitic drag which probably offsets the benefit of reducing base drag.

3. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Is it just me or has someone missed the humour in this post?

4. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    There's a sucker born every minute!

"What seems clear is that the Fuel Saver people are in the business of selling Fuel Savers and focus more on marketing gobbledygook than truthful advertising. "

The above is a clip of a full article found at www.skepdic.com/inset.html

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Nuvolari,that happens to me,ALL THE TIME!! (someone misses the humor ) anyway,pretty funny! With the way our beautiful exotics love to eat gas,every little bit WOULD help! :) Don't forget,Beautifully sleek,pointy front end!