YOUR WIFE vs. YOUR FERRARI? | FerrariChat

YOUR WIFE vs. YOUR FERRARI?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mr_ferrari, Nov 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr_ferrari

Mr_ferrari Guest

Here is a question that I want to throughout to all you Ferrari fans, “What will you tell your spouse if she want you to sell your Ferrari”? I believe us guys need to know where we stand with our toys and our better half??? This thread should make for a good argument among us, just don’t let your wife see this thread! She might get ideas.

P.S… I will put in my two cent on this statement. My wife and I came almost to a divorce over my Ferrari. As my wife had said to me “Its difficult making love to the tail pipe”, I knew it would be a while, but damm it… “Can’t a guy have his toy without putting up with your crap” I said back, walking away fast… It was close!

I still have the red car… =)

Please tell us your close call, and how far would you take it....

Rob

2. ART360

ART360 Guest

No good came from a respose to this question. No matter what you say, trouble can flow from this.

Art

3. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    Easy- it's my wife's Ferrari, but I drive it for her!!!

4. Mr_ferrari

Mr_ferrari Guest

Well spoken Art, if you’re an Attorney! =(

PS… I cheated; I looked at your Bio. You might get a few clients from this thread.

Rob

5. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I guess it depends on the situation. In my house, my cars are my decision.They are one of my hobbies and I don't feel any need to discuss before I buy or make an argument as to why I need one. She understands this and we have no issue. I think if finances are an issue and you have a Ferrari and live in an apartment with a baby on the way it would be a different story. At that point I would agree the car is a bad decision.

6. Mr_ferrari

Mr_ferrari Guest

Yes… Agree to the family issues statement, but thread was intended for those who already live in a house, and have no issues, and the wife is looking for excuse to make a statement, me or the car! KIDS come first always.

Rob

7. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I don't spend every waking moment screwing around with my Ferrari so its not an issue. If I lived in a better climate who knows!

8. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Wife? Wife?

What is it with these "wife" things? Have seen them for sale in Russia and the Far East but never tried one. Is the maintenance expensive? What are the servicing intervales? Can you easily trade the "wife" in for a higher-end model? How bad is the depreciation? Any special things i should be aware of before getting this "wife" thing. Is there someone who specializes with PPI'ing "wife"? Was well-aware of the car issues, but what about "wife"?

Signed,

Confused
    ;-)

9. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    My wife wanted equal value in diamonds to be a good sport about it. We settled on 10% and all is well.

10. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    LMAO Steven!!! Seems to me there are alot of used ones out on the market now!:) It's hard to find one these days with low mileage.

11. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Enjoythemusic, That was too funny. Almost dropped a nut laughing.

12. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    The 30K service on the wife will make an Enzo's look cheap in comparison.

Tom

13. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Guys,

Must admit, have "test driven" a few of these "wife" things over the years. Not all "wife" things are built the same either! Some appear to have better handling and nimble, especially on the curves. Still others are fast in the straights yet are a bit too heavy for any serious track record. Good for the "red light to red light" district i guess.

Have found that, in general, the better "wife" things need more attention in the "care and feeding" department. The good part about the whole "wife" thing is they indeed come in various exterior colors with carpet selection. You can also find some "wifes" with different colored, how shall i say this... the drapes are different than the carpeting.

More to come,

Steven

PS: Matt, you are right! Recently there has been quite a few inquiries my way about this whole "wife" thing. Have heard that, due to the current weather and time of year issues, there is an abundance of these "wife" things looking for owners. Like Ferrari cars, it appears to be a fall and spring occurance. The plot thickens!

PPS: and yes, am in a writing mood due to end of month push to get out a few of my magazines.

14. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    If only they came as a kit car that you could build to your specs...ok I could go on for days with this.:) I'm going home now. Have a good Turkey day guys.

15. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    My wife is firmly requesting that I hold off my plan to buy a second
    Ferrari until we move to a new house...thereafter she could care less if I get another one. Meanwhile I am saving for my next car...

16. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    Here in Australia I read a true story in a car magazine. It was about the guy who owned the feature car (not a ferrari), he had been restoring it for two years, and she got sick of him giving the car so much attention, and she made him sell it. She then left him for the guy that bought the car off him. True story! Be careful!!!!

17. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    What's the problem? Each new exotic cost me either a diamond or a new kitchen etc.A 575 for a kitchen.Which one of us is getting the better deal??

18. Mr_ferrari

Mr_ferrari Guest

Well if you're able to keep the Ferrari, its worth the trade.

19. Catherine

Catherine Rookie

May 29, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Catherine
    There's the problem. Tell her I suggest using the gear shift.

20. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    HAHAHAH...

--Dan

PS: Steve: I thnk we need your wife v2.0 posts... :D

22. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    IMO...

if your wife knows that you have such a passion for your Ferrari...she should accept it. what if your wife had such a strong passion for gardening or knitting and spent hours each day doing that sh*t. would you tell her to stop knitting or gardening? NO because she likes doing it and it gives her some private time for herself.

The same goes with your Ferrari. You drive it to get some private time for yourself that you enjoy. But if you are using your car to pick up chicks all the time, then my answer would be to sell your car.

Otherwise, if you someone makes you sell your pride and joy Ferrari, then you probably are with the wrong person in your life.

23. red-riot

red-riot Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jon
    In my house its the only car that knows the way to the jewelers. My wife has a very interesting way of calculating the exhaust noise to caret ratio.....Obviously shes a big fan!

24. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    My problem is that i keep trying to sell the wifes Ferrari, but She wont let me!

25. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    My wife, the most wonderful person in the world to me, will always win out over the car(s). But, she would never ask me to get rid of the Ferrari, or the Porsche, or the BMW, because she is the most wonderful person in the world.