348TB at FOD? | FerrariChat

348TB at FOD?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by sduke, May 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    I am coming to Dallas this weekend for a soccer tournament and I noticed FOD is advertising a Black 91 348TB. It has a tan interior and 29K.

Has anyone seen this car in person? I am not sure how much time I will have Saturday to get by and look for myself, so any input would be appreciated.

Also, is there a person I should contact at FOD if I decide to seriously consider this car?

Thanks
    steven

2. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    If you're interested in a 348, Mark LaCroix has his really nice yellow 348 Challenge for sale.

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Also check with Jonathan Price @ Lamborghini of Dallas, I believe there is a 348TS in stock & most likely he can find a TB for you as well.

4. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Not to be picky, but his name is Jonathan Peck. Yes, he is very helpful, but I don't remember seeing 348 there 2 days ago when we were there.

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    D'oh! geez am I bad with names or what?

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Is that the 348 Challenge Yellow/black that has been in Ferrariads.com for a year??

Nice car, ugly price.

7. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I MAY have seen this car, I'm not sure. I saw a black/tan 348 there a few months ago, not sure if it's the same car or not. It was very nice as I recall. Call and talk to Chet Parsons, he can assist you. It may still be in the 'upper' show room, if so they might want to bring it down for you to look at as the upstairs is pretty dark.

8. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    As I think about it, I think I know of another 348 for sale locally that is about as mechanically perfect as any car you'll find.

Does anybody know for sure if Rics car is for sale?

9. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Last I talked to Ric he was finishing a top-end rebuild on his 348 and it wasn't ready to sell.

10. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    As of mid-March, the car was running so unless he just started the top end, the rebuild is done. He drove it to our car show at FoD.

11. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Jim: Good looking car? I inquired when I was looking for a 348, but I thought Ric's was kind of pricey - I think he was looking for low $50's with 44K-ish on the miles if I remember correctly.

12. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Yeah, very nice car. I seem to recall that he won a trophy in his class as voted on by the owners. Might've been 1st place?

13. lsanger

lsanger Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    This sounds like my old car. I understand the person who had it traded it back in at FOD. I really enjoyed the car and it was in superb condition when I last saw it. It appears to have only a few thousand miles on it since I traded it 2 years ago. I know it was well maintained with all records at that time. Since then I believe it has been FOD maintained. In sum I would recommend it. If you get it I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

14. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Hey Ladd, good to hear from you.

Yes, if this is Ladds old car it is nice. I sold it to a man from Arkansas who owns a nationwide shipping company. He had FoD do all the work and kept it up very well as far as I know. It should be in excellent shape still. Chet can certainly give you all the stuff on it now.

15. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Ladd,
    I looked at your car when you first traded it in a few years back. FoD was just getting ready to send it out for some paint touch up on the front lip. The car looked to be in fine shape.