ATTN. F355B OWNERS......... | FerrariChat

ATTN. F355B OWNERS.........

Discussion in '348/355' started by BWS550, Nov 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    A LOCAL IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD IS SELLING HIS

YELLOW/BLACK 355B
    19K MILES
    1998- EXCELLENT COND..
    30K JUST DONE YESTERDAY, INCLUDING CLUTCH..AT WWOC....

ANY INPUT???

TIA,
    BRUCE

2. that doesnt sound to bad is it 6 - speed or F1.

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
  4. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Bruce,

That's way overpriced IMHO..... As you know, I just sold my 355B which had 8K miles on it with almost a year of Ferrari warranty left for $81K. I had the service done in August and also new tires. If you subtract a dollar per mile from where my car was, you are at $77K... I think a good price for this car is around $75K.

5. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    SCOTT

EVEN IT BEING A 98??

6. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    The year doesn't make a difference unless it is a 99. The only reason 99's sell for a bit more is that it is believed that the last year for the 355 was the best. I spent a lot of time buying my 355 and spoke to many dealers.... There is no price differential between 1995's and 1998's the difference is due to condition and mileage...

7. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    SCOTT

THE CAR IS FLAWLESS..YOU SAW IT AT MY PARTY...ORIG OWNER, PAPERS FROM DAY 1..............

WOULD YOU THINK 82K??

I KNOW YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH....TODD TOLD ME SO

NO VALVE PROBLEMS,NO MANIFOLD CRACKS,NO EXHAUST CRACKS

8. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Bruce,

Just to give you an example, Ferrari of Central Florida has a 1997 355B with 21K miles on it. It has had the major and a new clutch done. The car also comes with a one year extended warranty. I could have bought that car for $81K this past summer, but I walked away because of the higher mileage. They still have the car and have not had any offers on it..

9. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    I SAW THAT ONE, BUT I WANT YELLOW...YOURS WAS BEAUTIFUL, THE PRICE WAS GREAT, AND I KNOW YOU TOOK CARE OF IT, PLUS ISNT A 95 FASTER WITH 2 THROTTLE BODIES??

10. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Bruce. All 355's have one throttle body per cylinder incorperated into the intake manifold's.

The 95 car have a dual mass-air flow sensor set up. This give better air flow to the engine. In 1996 they changed to a singal mass air flow meter. So instead of the air folw comming directly through one airfow meter per side,the air intake must now travel through one meter and then split off to either side of the intake plenums.

95 was also the last year you could install test pipes in the exhaust and not affect the computer, as in 96 they had to go to the OBD2 system.

11. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Bruce - There were recent threads where C. Parr just sold his yellow 1995 355 for $75K. The description was as follows:

So........ 1995 F355 Berlinetta, Fly yellow, black. 19,100 miles. This car had the heads updated to 1999 specs to remove any question regarding valves guides, I had all new valves installed. Tubi headers were installed, (the factory headers have too many issues), Tubi test pipes, Tubi muffler. Stock exhaust system, including cats is included, stock rims, new centers, new rear tires, fronts 90%. New BBS rims, new Michelin Pilots, Keith Collins mats,30k service completed. No damage history. $75,000.00 This car is perfect.

You should have swept this one up. Apparently, it was in great shape.

$88K is way too expensive. I would say $75-80 max.

Good luck.

12. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    THANKS DAVE THANKS TOM

JUST SPOKE TO SCOTT DEGHETTO AND HE SET ME FREE OF THE ASKING PRICE....ILL WAIT....

THANKS SCOTT.........

BRUCE

13. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    I think the age does have an impact on price. Identical cars but 2 years difference - the newer one will always command a higher price. You are more likely for things to go wrong on an older car than a newer one - it's called wear and tear.

14. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    imo, $88K is not an unreasonable price for this car. certainly with the 30K just done and a brand new clutch i think it's worth more than the 70s. plus, since WWOC has just spent 40 hours underneath it, WWOC could sell you one of these fancy new FNA warranties on it, which is not worth nothing (the process to get said new warranty is non-trivial - and they've already done the work).

i think that car would list in the low 90s at an authorized dealer and sell in the mid-to-high-80s. obviously a dealer wouldn't give you that for it 'cuz they have to make a profit, but that's what i think it's worth.

i'm not in the market (wish i were - 355 GTB prices are looking STELLAR!) but i think $85K would be a stellar deal on this car based on the data shared here.

remember, you can ALWAYS buy a cheaper car but that doesn't mean it'll be less expensive!

doody.

15. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    couldnt agree more with doody...if the car is that clean and cared for $88 is a fair deal. And its true, cheaper cars arent always less expensive...

16. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    THANKS RICKY AND DOODY..............

ILL WAIT TILL FEB TEMPS HIT 0 DEGREES IN FEB, I KNOW HE IS MOVING FROM NJ TO CALI AND WANTS TO SELL IT BEFORE HE GOES...

IF THE CAR IS SITTING THERE IN APRIL OR SO, ILL GIVE HIM MY OFFER AND ONLY OFFER OF 80K..MAX........

I KNOW THE CAR IS FLAWLESS AND SO IS THE OWNER...

WE WILL SEE..............

THANKS ALL,
    BRUCE

17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    sounds like a plan but if the car is that prestine i wouldnt let it go...80 might be on the low side....i'd jump all over it for $83 to $85

18. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    your bud should just take it to the left coast and sell it there. especially this time of year, it's just murder to move sports cars privately north of the mason dixon line..

doody.

19. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    DOODY

WHY TELL HIM THAT.??..IF THE CAR IS STILL HERE IN APRIL,(HES MOVING IN MAY) ILL OFFER HIM THE 80K...JIS CHOICE, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT..ILL STILL SLEEP AT NIGHT WITH MY TR.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING,
    BRUCE

20. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    DOODY

WHY TELL HIM THAT.??..IF THE CAR IS STILL HERE IN APRIL,(HES MOVING IN MAY) ILL OFFER HIM THE 80K...JIS CHOICE, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT..ILL STILL SLEEP AT NIGHT WITH MY TR.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING,
    BRUCE

21. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Are you the guy who always uses caps lock? It really sucks you know.

Back on topic......something that's cheaper in the UK for once. 355 coupes are generally around $60k(RHD). LHD $50k. RHD Spyders $70k, LHD $60k.

360 sypders $150k max, lhd $105. I heard a $205k figure for the US?

22. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I respectfully disagree. I spent 6 months researching 355B's and bought one this past summer. I just sold it for $81K. It was a 1995 with 8K miles on it with all service paperwork back to day one. The 30K service and valve guide work had just been done at a cost of $14K. The car also had a new set of P-Zero's and a Ferrari Warranty until 8/04. The most Bruce's friend will get if he trades the car in will be about $55K to $60K if he's lucky. Most Ferrari dealers won't even touch a 355 with almost 20K miles on it (I know Scottsdale Ferrari, Ferrari of Long Island and Harris Imports won't....) I have seen the car Bruce is talking about and it is very clean.... But the only way he sells it for $80K plus is if he finds an uninformed buyer

23. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    I've just heard of a 97 Yellow 355 Berlinetta wholesaling for about $75K. 18K miles on it, 30K done. Was an Arizona car, now on the East Coast.

24. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    He agrees the Caps Lock key sucks - that's why he holds the Shift key down for each and every letter, switching between the left and right like a pro. Types 88 words-per-minute, too.

Seriously - Bruce has had numerous Eye Surgeries, one of which was done fairly recently. It really sucks, you know.

25. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T