MAserati Ghibli | FerrariChat

MAserati Ghibli

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Davidindallas, Nov 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Davidindallas

Davidindallas Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Anyone ever owned one or know someone well who did. I love the car but it seems like it would be a nightmare to own and service.

2. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    I have owned an Indy for several years. The same car in a two plus two for the most part. There is no more issues than a likewise aged Ferrari. Parts are easy to come by from Campana in Modena, and overall much less expensive than my Ferrari. It is however a different kind of car. The Maserati is more of a muscle blast around car, hop on the highway car, but not as smooth at high speed as the Ferrari. The Maserati can blow the doors off my 365 below 100 MPH or so. The Ferrari takes it above 100.

3. Davidindallas

Davidindallas Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thanks. I think ndys are cool.

4. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    hi, i had a Ghibli 1997, bought at 17000 kms, Bleu, white interior, FANTASTIC car !!!!!! BUT, i am a Ferrari guy, and sold it to buy my fathers 1992 Mondial T.
    If i have to choose between a Maserati and a Ferrari, the choice is quickly made, sorry, BUT, again a but, the Ghibli was better driving...
    2000cc with 2 turbos, comfort, 6 gear, what a bomb...
    It was nice driving with my wife and the child (4 years old).
    i try to post the picture of my (ex) baby and hope you enjoy, greetings, vincent, Belgium

5. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Hey Vince,

We are talking about a different animal. The "new" Ghibli and the real GT car and total different beast. The GT class car is basically Italy's answer to the American muscle car of the time. No Turbo, but a big honking V8 with lots of grunt. Basically same car as my Indy but a two seater instead of a 2+2. Basically they can fry the Ferraris of the day off the line but loose them @ about 110 mph or so.

Again much different than today's modern Maserati's or Ferraris. Basically the better comparison is between the Ghibli and a Ferrari 330 or 365. I have a 365 & a Indy, they are indeed much different. I prefer driving the Indy around town and the Ferrari for long road trips. The Indy is a little better in the twisties than the Ferrari, and has much better breaking. The Ferrari is much smoother @ high speed due to the V12.

6. Daryl

Daryl Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Barrington Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Daryl Adams
    I've been looking for a classic Ghibli for some time to go with my DeTomaso Mangusta (same designer - Giugiaro). If anyone has any leads on a good example, please send them my way.

7. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Daryl,

Contact Ivan Ruiz http://www.thecarnut.com I believe he has one or two for sale. He is one of the leading Ghibli guys in the US. If he doesn't have what you are looking for, he will know where to get it.

Good Luck

Rodney Haas
    http://www.maffiacarclub.com

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Saw one For Sale in Hemmings.!969,Silver/Black Leather.5 speed.a/c,says "very nice". www.forza.weblobby.com