Woman bites into live bullets in hot dog...... | FerrariChat

Woman bites into live bullets in hot dog......

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Kds, May 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Did this lady not chew her food or what? Kinda hard to miss a bullet if you chew your food. Sheeesh....some people I tell you......

2. redjeeper

redjeeper Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Flowood, MS
    Full Name:
    Anthony Griffin
    I think she is scamming for a lawsuit. You would think that if she bit a live round or two, it would have gone off in her mouth.

3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Although if this was her ploy, it probably would not have surprised her to know that ammo can go (as they say) off.

4. milstanselnino

milstanselnino Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jon P.
    She would have to have bitten REALLY hard. If you're not sure about that, ask a local gun shop to demonstrate the hammer mechanism on a 9mm handgun.

Also, this is a centerfire cartridge, which has a relatively small primer, on one end, which would require precise, deliberate chewing.

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Oh, what a B.S. claim - When all is said and done, she should have to bite the bullet.

6. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    It was a new advertising ploy, our hotdogs go down with a bang, try our hotdogs they will blow youre mind, go on bite the bullet try our hotdogs, our hotdogs the last hotdog you will ever eat.

7. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    That has got to be bull****. Freaky though, thats the Costco I go to --5 minutes from my house!!

8. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I bet you will think twice about having a hotdog for breakfast tomorrow.

9. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    i can't believe the extent that people will go to nowadays just to get money or attention or whatever it is. you have to be a complete retard to have smallowed a bullet. i'd be worried about the lead content in it more than it going off.

10. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    any body want some black powder brownies?

11. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    One of several news reports indicates Hebrew National X-ray's hot dogs (for metal shavings, bullets... ;)) before they leave factory. That's not just Kosher, that's hardKosher.

12. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    I've heard it all tastes like chicken...

13. FrostCS

FrostCS Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Well, I was bored and hungry, so I figured I would experiment, I had run to the store, and got a package of hotdogs just now. Well, I didn't have any 9mm casings or bullets, but I figured for my experiment I would take a few 22 cal empty casings. Now, to my knowledge these are still a bit smaller then 9mm shells right?
    I cut a small circle on the end of each hotdog, package of 8 by the way and I had 4 shell casings. I then took a small metal vacuum line (I cleaned both it and the shells don't worry), and proceded to bore a small hole into each dog.
    At this point I was wishing I had a digital camera to record my escapades, but I encourage you to try this for yourself as well to see if we get different results, if your hungry of course.
    I seperated the dogs into two piles of four, since I don't know how she cooked her dogs, I figured I'd grill four, and boil the other four. I now proceded to put two shells into two on the "grill" pile, and two shells into two on the "boil" pile, shells went in trigger side (forget english word for this) first, and then I tried to stuff the "innards" back into the dogs as best I could, without disturbing the shape at all.
    Now, I have 4 dogs on the grill pile, and 4 on the boil pile, but I wanted to make sure the "innards" weren't going to slide out easily when I cooked the dogs, so I stripped some twist ties, down to the wire, then used the wire as a turnicate on the very ends of the dogs.
    By this point, all 8 dogs looked exactly the same to me, because I didn't mark them.
    So, out to the grill one pile went, and into the pot with the other pile of dogs. (no lid on both, if it matters)
    I like my dogs, well cooked, but for this, I tried not to go as far as I used to..

I rotated the dogs on the grill till each side was a nice brown with grill marks, but.. I could easily begin to see the "impressions" of the shell casing in the center of the two dogs with shells... Perhaps from the hotdog casing shrinking? or the protiens in the hotdog shrinking down? I have no idea.. But they were easily visable from the other two grilled dogs.

Back to the pot, I had the dogs on a medium high simmer, perhaps light boil, for 10 minutes. I don't know how long you usually cook yours for, but at this point the skin usually blisters out and the casing usually starts to crack for me.. And the hotdogs? Well, two of them looked like they developed hernia's in the center, I had to carefully remove them to keep them even from breaking in half! The other two, cooked as normally, well, besides the turnicate cutting off one side so it looked like a crimped sausage on each end.
    Now.. when preparing my hotdogs, I usually cut a slit down each one to hold the fillings better, anyone else do this? Or am I just weird?

Anyways, I figured I wouldn't do that, but looking at my hotdogs, it was more then obvious which had the shell casings in, and sure enough, I ate the "4" dogs I figured didn't have the casings inside. And yes, they were good, just mustard and relish on the top... nothing caught in my throat.. so either it went down, or wasn't there.

The other 4, by this time, had cooled a little, and the 2 grill dogs, were now completely obvious. They seem to have shrunk a little, with some of the fluid that settled? So I cut them in half, and what do you know? Shells! So I removed them before I ate these(well even I don't want to choke). No, there was no taste of metal either.

The 2 left over boiled dogs? Well.. it looks like the turnicate didn't complete seal it.. some fluid ran out like bad breast surgery. Yet, there was vertical slits on the dogs (looking at them laying down dog is = and slit | that way) Normally hotdogs slit along the long side right? Well, picking the dogs up, they broke in half right away and the little shell casings fell out, with some of the innards I had restuffed.

Oh well, I tried, I failed, did anyone else try this? I didn't want to be mean and try to feed someone hotdogs, who didn't know there was shells in them. Thought I probably would have had better results, but I could visually see that something was wrong with the hotdogs, grilled or boiled. Perhaps it's a brand thing? I used ballpark dogs.. I couldn't find Hebrew dogs at the store. Maybe a 9mm shell would have done different? (I doubt it though). And I used empty shells casings.. just the "skin" I didn't want to put live ammunition over heat.. grill or stove, I don't think the local fire company would have liked it.
    Either way, I would have found the casing if I wasn't expecting it normally, because I always slice open my hotdogs to fill them.. But I wanted to try without, and trying to act dumb while I did my tests.

Perhaps it's too hard for me to act dumb, perhaps I did something in my testing wrong, but I don't see how I could ever eat a hotdog with loaded bullets in them, even if I was drunk.

Care to experiment? I'd like to see others results if you have time.
    CS

14. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Sounds like BS.

15. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003