Need help!! San Francisco planning. | FerrariChat

Need help!! San Francisco planning.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by enzoz, Nov 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hi all, I'm planning a trip to the city for a day and would like some help. I need to find a good museum that I can go to in the mid morning/afternoon and make it to Union St. for dinner at around 5. Any museum would do really as long as it's more art then science and it isn't the Palace of the Legion of Honor.

If anybody knows some good museums in SF please help me out. I need this info asap and I will GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    SFMOMA is a fine one. Chagal and Sex Workers in Asia are the current exhibits, but check the web site. Easy parking at the Mission street garage, take the cab to your dinner appt.

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Luke has the right idea... I was giogn to suggest the same. Like I said before...great minds (or, actually, given my depraved insanity, what do your similar thought processes say about you? :D).

--Dan

4. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks guys. I think I'll do that. It sounds cool.

What's the parking price at the Mission street garage?
    Also, do you guys know of any good jazz clubs too?

Thanks again.

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Its been a while but there was a good jazz club in the Mission, I think it was called Bruno's possibly on Van Ness Ave E of the Bay Bridge highway.

6. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Second the recomendation for the MOMA if you haven't yet been.

Best!
    Ben.

7. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Okay William, I'll check into that place.

8. JamesH

JamesH Formula Junior

May 11, 2001
    San Carlos, Californ
    Full Name:
    James Hom
    I believe parking there is 18.00 all day, but dont know what the hourly rate is. There is also a few parking lots on third street, about 1 to 2 blocks away thats 10.00 all day. They are indoor and outdoor parking.

9. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    There was a very nice nightclub w a great view of the city in a penthouse called the Starlight club or lounge in downtown near the Chinatown gate, not jazz but nice. Same owner has another club by the bay with a great view of the Bay & 1 of the Bridges