Can't find 328 GTS Hoses | FerrariChat

Can't find 328 GTS Hoses

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by tfrancis, Nov 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tfrancis

tfrancis Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    Hey Folks,

I'm having a very hard time finding the following hoses.

1. 118231 - Air Injection System (TAV 9) - 20mm ID / 30 inches length
    2. 118959 - Blow-by System (TAV 19) - 22mm ID / 38.5 inches length

Both of these hoses are nylon braided hoses. Please let me know of a good source.

Also, I'm wondering if I can replace the following hoses with silicon vaccuum hoses.

1. 107982 - Air Intake & Manifolds (TAV 15) - 12mm ID
    2. 128305 - Air Intake & Manifolds (TAV 15) - 3.5mm ID

Thanks,
    Tom

2. 328GTB

328GTB Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2002
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    Tom, if you find a source for these, please post it here. BTW, how did you obtain their corresponding length and ID?

Carmine

3. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    I had a hard time finding those hoses a while ago. I found them bulk in a heavy truck parts shop, they usually have bigger diameter hoses than most places. You will have to cut them to the right size, but that's all.

Julio.

4. tfrancis

tfrancis Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    In order to obtain the lengths... I took the orginally hoses and flatted them out straight and then measured with measuring tape. To obtain the ID... I actually measured the connecting metal pipe O.D. with a caliper. The true I.D. would be a bit smaller (-.5mm to -1mm) to ensure a tight fit.

Also, I'm documenting all these hose specification along with resources I've used (pricing too) and putting them into a spreadsheet. I'll post all my information here later.